Refluxe

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can I ask if anyone gets excessive bitter saliva and what you take for it, also a dull ache between both shoulder blades? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn58804,

I’m so intrigued by your recent post.

Back in December last year I had a tooth extracted which went badly wrong.

To cut a long story short, I ended up with an abscess and the tooth socket didn’t heal. I was on antibiotics and took Ibuprofen, and Metronidazole which overnight seemed to cause gastritis, severe chest pain, heart burn, general shakiness, pain between my shoulder blades and a salty taste in my mouth.

After being on  Omeprazole and sticking to a super healthy alkaline diet, my symptoms have all but one subsided........

I’m afraid I still have the  salty taste in my mouth albeit intermittently. I can’t “link” it to a particular food or drink that I’ve eaten and my Doctor doesn’t know what it is either. I’m going back to my Dentist soon and I’m going to insist that I have X-rays of all my teeth to see if something has been missed. 

I hope this hasn’t been boring for you to read, but I’m curious to know if you have any similarities with my history. 

Thank you

Jane 

• Posted

Hi Jane, thanks for the reply! I had no treatment at my dentist apart from scale and polish, prior to that I had implants 3 years ago. I went to my dentist and he did full X-rays which were clear! The excessive saliva seems to be coming through glands in my mouth as I have it 24/7, some days worse than others, I just don’t know what to think but had it for 13 months now and have lost 2 stone. (This due to cutting out all chocolate, alcohol and things I thought to cut out to loose weight) Research tells me it’s a weakness is the LES causing reflux to come back over if that makes sense. I won’t have the op though as they say it’s not very successful. Hope you get well soon! keep in touch 😀

• Posted

I get a horrible taste in my mouth and lots of pain in my shoulder blades. Not very nice at all 
    • Posted

Hi Shelley what have they given you for the horrible tast! I eat fox,s glacier fruits which is the only thing to take the taste away and liquorice but my doctor told me to stop because of the sugar! Plus pain in shoulder blades is really bad, the only thing that has helped me is accupuncture but costing me a fortune! It’s 2018 surely there is a cure out there, that’s why I joined this site hoping for some help. Thanks for replying!  
    • Posted

HI lynn. I brush and floss a lot I also clean my tongue and always use mouth wash. Try sugar free gum that helps . I’m on lanzopasole doesn’t really help though. I just take paracetamol for the pain I also have codine if I need it. It’s a horrible thing and I really feel for you. I hope you get some more replies and help. Best wishes 
    • Posted

Thanks Shelley I do all of that, I bought a water pik flosser and use it after every meal! The pain between my shoulder blades just started this week and I am on holiday so finding walking not good, anyway we will wait to see if anyone else joins in and I hope you are also better soon! Thanks again 😀

• Posted

I get really bad pains between shoulder pains. I take effervescent sodium bicarbonate (a sachet in a small glass of water) which makes me burp a lot and eases off the pain and when it doesn't help I take painkillers  - paracetamol during daytime and codeine at night time (to fall asleep.) In the morning the pain has disappeared. I also keep a sachet handy for use during the night if needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.