Refractive Lens Replacement at 34

Posted , 1 user is following.

RLE at 34 - Advice needed

Hi

I recently went for an extensive eye exam with Optical Express in the UK using all the latest I-scan technology scans and tests (the whole thing took over an hour) to assess my suitability for ICL. Unfortunately, it was discovered that my anterior chamber was slightly too narrow (2.8mm) so they couldn't do it. They did advise that in a few years once I turn 36 I can have RLE.

I have since looked online and found an eye clinic in Prague who are willing to carry out RLE now and for quite a lot cheaper using Alcon Acrysof yellow Toric lenses and operating with a 2.2 mm microincision system. My current prescription is:

SPH: +5.5 & +6.0

CYL: -3 & -3.75

Axis: 5 & 175

I really would like to not to have to wear glasses, but really have an aversion to contact lenses. I realise there would be a trade off in that I would still need reading glasses for up close, but that seems ok at the moment. The Czech optometrist said I would probably still need around +2.0 reading glasses.

What do you think? What would you do? Is it a bad idea to get RLE in my mid-30s if ICL and laser eye surgery are off the cards?

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.