Refused operation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi about 4 to 5 years ago i slip my disc. In my lower back. Was told only thing to sort it out was operation. As it was dehydrated. But wasnt keen whether that was a wise choice dont know.

I walk with a limp i have become a recluse for a better word cause of it. Been on meds all through this. Was pack off to pain clinic. Wow they was some of the most pompous look down nose people i have ever met

All these years i still think should i just go for operation but in truth i have mental health issues as well on top of this. So trust is an isusse and knowing me i get right to being wheel in and back out

I couldnt or wouldnt want to take someone else chance of having it done. But this has ruin my life what life i had with mental health issues

So i am left wondering will this gets worse. Recently i ended up at the dentist havent been since this started as couldnt sit in the chair my jaw isnt correct is this cause by my back

Any advice welcome

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Honestly an operation might just give u yr life back, it's not going to be easy nor with the recovery but, what have u got to loose. U already sound like you've lost yr quality of life. Good luck what ever u choose . But the way the nhs is going is get it done sooner rather than later . As before long no one will be able to get anything. I am having mine in the 4 months + on the nhs via a private hospital. This may be an option u may want to look into . There s a good chance another MRI will be requested and they get u to try a spinal block so the whole process could take 6 months . So I'd get the call rollling

• Posted

Hi thank you for replying. And thank you for advice yes been offered nerve block to epirdrual and all. Still got surgeon name who wants to do operation depending on his case load and so on

Yes this has distroyed me to be fair but thats as far as it goes unfortnetly where it comes to doctors whether they are different doctors than mental health the trust is already eroided

In anyone opinion as i havent gone for this op will this get worse is the knock on effect is my jaw being misaligned

Dont think i can take op not because its not being offered it falls down to trust and the medical lot hasnt really given me any to trust on

• Posted

I totally understand I've been in the same boat and it's hard, to trust again. But I let all my bad experience s hold me bck. I'd never go forward in life and achieve anything. Trust has to be earned it may take time. Not all surgeon s are the same. Good luck in what ever u chose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.