Regarding my PIP claim

Posted , 8 users are following.

l made a claim for PIP as l was sent a letter to say my DLA is ending and l sent in the PIP claim form 5 weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing as of yet and the questions are how long before they send some type of correspondence?? to say what is happening as l thought some type of letter would have been sent before now.

0 likes, 116 replies

116 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As you're tranfering from DLA to PIP if they recieved the PIP form within the time stated on the letter your DLA payments should continue until a decision has been made on the PIP. Length of times vary depending on where in the country you are. 5 weeks isn't really that long. If a face to face assessment is needed then they'll send you a letter. Did you send plenty of evidence to support your PIP claim?

• Posted

Thank you Denise for answering my question as yes l am transfering from DLA to PIP and filled in the form with the help of my carer and sent it in by special delivery to make sure it arrived there and that was 5 weeks ago and thus since then l have recieved nothing of any correspondence as yes l sent in a lot of medical evidence including supporting letters from both my GP and community cardiac nurse, the last cardiac letter from the hospital and some older social care information regarding adaptations in my home plus the last medical report which the DWP did on me which basically tells them from one of their own examination my severe ongoing  limitatations because of my long term medical conditions and the PIP form with quite a lot of added extra information. 

​l thought usually they send a letter saying we have recieved all your information and such and such and then make a decision regarding a possible assessment or not but there has been no letter of any sort and l am not sure whether that is good or bad or nothing.

• Posted

Did you provide a mobile number and ask them to keep you updated using this?  I had a text to say they'd received my form a day or two after I sent it back.  I think the fact that you've not had a letter reminding you to send your form is good news and it seems likely that they did receive it.  

The next stage is likely to be a letter from the assessment provider.  I got this about two weeks after I sent back the form but it varies from one area to another.  If you've sent a lot of information it might take longer.  If they decide they are going to contact your GP or consultants it might take longer (this doesn't usually happen so you shouldn't assume it will).  If they've got backlogs it will take longer.

You could check which company does the assessments in your area and either phone or email them to find out what is happening.  There isn't much point contacting DWP initially as it takes a long time to get through to them and they'll probably just tell you that they've passed your file on to the assessment provider.  If the assessment provider tells you they haven't had your file it's worth going back to DWP at that point to find out what has happened.

If you are called for a face to face assessment and want to record it please make this very clear in every conversation or email with the assessment provider.  I had a lot of problems with assessments being arranged and then cancelled at very short notice because the assessor refused to be recorded.

• Posted

Thank you for replying Scally as there were several numbers with all the information l sent in including moble and home and the only letter l had was just before l sent the PIP form in they sent me a reminder letter telling me to send it in by a certain date and two days later which was 5 weeks ago l thus sent it in and since then nothing at all,

​Why they would contact my GP ,  cardiac consultant and communtiy cardiac nurse is utterly beyond me as l sent in supporting letters from both my GP and community cardiac nurse stating my long term care needs in all aspects and my very very limited mobility because of how my medical conditions affect me when l sent the claim form in.

​Its Atos in our area.

• Posted

Hi Belgravia,

it sounds as if you have provided everything they require and sent it all by special delivery.  Just a suggestion, but you could try tracking the special delivery on the Royal Mail site, just to make sure they have received it. Having said that, I think if they hadn't received it, your DLA payments would probably have stopped.  

Maybe it would be worth ringing, just in case their letter to you has gone astray although 5 weeks is not a long time for some areas.  If you can, please keep us posted. x

• Posted

They're even less likely to contact any of your medical professionals if you've already sent in supporting letters from them.  I'm surprised that you didn't get a text saying they'd received your form but it is the DWP so this is probably just a mistake on their part.  As sukes said, your DLA would probably have stopped if they hadn't received it so I don't think that is the problem.  Try calling ATOS tomorrow to find out what's happening and when they think you're likely to hear something.

• Posted

Thank you for replying Sukes and l have just checked the Royal Mail site and it was delivered from the RM Wolverhampton Delivery Office and signed by someone on the 22nd of last month.

​How long does the PIP process take? as yes l will  post when some development transpires.

• Posted

Yes l will try phoning them but as you know trying to phone them or the DWP is a very long winded process going by my previous experiences with them.
    • Posted

Quite confused this morning as l am going through the PIP process which l sent in the claim form near on 6 weeks ago and yet they send a letter today which says your DLA will be such and such from the 10/4/2017 as why send this when l am going through the PIP process.
    • Posted

It's probably just because it would often go up in April so they're letting you know the new amount, or if it's the same, just the fact that it isn't changing this year.  It's most likely just a coincidence that you're going through the PIP process at present.

• Posted

Hi Belgravia,

I'm wondering if the letter you have received today is a standard letter that the DWP send out at this time of year.  I had one last week to say what my PIP payments will be from April.  You will still be in receipt of DLA until after your F2F or they make a paper based decision.  I may be wrong of course, so hopefully Denise or others can comment. x

• Posted

Seems a bit silly to me as the letter stating the DLA award and rates for April the 10th onwards might not be very revelant at all.
    • Posted

Yes it will be 6 weeks from next Monday since they recieved my PIP claim form so one wonders when something will actually transpire as l certainly don't want to phone them up to ask about it that is for sure.

• Posted

I had my up assessment last Monday and 3 days ago I had one of the same letter. Was wondering what that was all about. Bit it appears that it's a standard letter for this time of the year.

• Posted

Seems a bit cack handed to me when claimants are going through the PIP process as it might be utterly relevent come April..

How long did you wait from sending your PIP claim form in to the assessment?.

• Posted

The entire process took from the 3rd of December to the 20th February. Not had result of my assessment yet but had DLA letter Wednesday about my DLA in April
    • Posted

So about 11 weeks thus so far and you stiill have not been given a PIP decision yet.
    • Posted

That's correct. He said that I would hear 2/3 weeks. . Just have to wait. I just have to pray whilst waiting as it can be very stressful and stress makes the illnesses worst

• Posted

Good luck as l hope you get a good decision as yes its incredibly stressful that is for sure.
    • Posted

Thank you. I pray the same for you. I will let you all know how I've got on. Have a wonderful evening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.