Reglan

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anybody tried Reglan?  I was prescribed this - had a gastric emptying test and 70.55 percent was my results after 4 hours - I have seen a lot of bad side effects, etc regarding this medicine - I have so much nausea and my side paid - but had so many tests - I think this is just the final thing they can recommend.  I don't know what to do!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It does have some nasty side effects, that's why it's recommended not to take long term. However, it does seem to help people a lot. There is also Domperidone, though some say it's not as effective as Reglan, the side effects are less severe. Your doctor hasn't mentioned anything about a gastric pacemaker? It will not cure gastroparesis, but it will make the symptoms such as nausea less severe. I think you have to qualify for it though. Best of luck, and in the mean time, exercise and make changes to your diet. Gluten and dairy free seem to help the most, from what I've read online. 

• Posted

Hi there is also a nausea drug called ZOFRAN. THIS HAS HELPED ME WITH NAUSEA. REGLAN DIDN'T HELP ME. Eveyone is different. Ask your Doctor to try you on this. Good Luck.

• Posted

I have had a lot of tests I still have a feeling could be my gallbladder - I have had this on and off nausea almost a year in Sept.....I do also have Zofran.
    • Posted

There is a anti nausea called compazine. I also tried cannabis which has properties for nausea. I used it to and tremondusly helped. Another option you can try.
  • Posted

still haven't tried the Reglan - called my doctor yesterday to see if there was not something else to try first?  Diet? anything else - said no that was the only med for the Gastroparesis - so as bad as I hate to - I guess I need to try it - I have 5 mgs tablets - couldn't I cut this into fourths and start it that way - and work up to the 5?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.