Regret?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Last July I lost my Grammy. She was a beautiful, stubborn, loving, caring and so much more kind of woman. I miss her so much it hurts. I’ve never lost someone close to me before and dammit this sucks.

Ever since she passed I’ve just constantly gone over in my head about how crappy of a grand daughter I was. I could’ve did this or should’ve done that. Those are the scenarios I play in my head repeatedly. Is that normal?

Is there any way to make this pain stop? Tonight is a hard night sad

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

dont repent and do not be sad..

it will not help her..

all of us repent whenever someone beloved paases away.. thinking that we could have done something more..

It is with most of us..

so do no repent.

still you can do many things for her.

you can do good deeds and dedicate them to Granny. also, you can sincerely pray to God for her peace and asension to nobler place..this will give you peace of mind..and surely it has effect which is beyond space and time.

do not think much..

in fact sadness , it is said in some scriptures, is not good for those who have departed.. 

so be peaceful..

• Posted

try not to push your personal religious beliefs on others in times of weakness. this is a common pathology with christians and it helps no one
  • Posted

My Grandma died 8 year ago, and I still to this day think I could have done more or behaved differently.

It hurts to think of her, and I often have a little cry.

It may help if you focus on the positivity your Grammy contributed in life, and the life lessons she taught you.

The pain will decrease over time, but you'll continue to love her all the same...if not more.

Give it time.

X.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.