Regular heavy periods and 8-12 days of bleeding between. Help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to get some answers because I'm really fed up with the whole situation. I'm 25 years old and never had problems with irregular periods. They were always heavy, painful and at 7-9 days long but always regular. About 5 years ago I started bleeding between cycles. It would always begin as spotting and then couple days later turn into medium bleeding, then light spotting and finally go away couple days before my normal period. I was put on a birth control and told that "probably" that's hormonal. After the whole year of being on a pill I stopped taking it and everything seemed fine. Then a year later bleeding came back and again continued for months, so once again I was told it's most likely hormonal (no testing was ever done). I was put on a pill with high progesterone. Bleeding stopped once again but few months into I became very moody, my sex drive was completely gone and i started gaining weight. I stopped taking it after a year and once again the bleeding was gone. But of course it came back in December 2017 and lasted 8 days in total. I went to OBGYN last week because I feel so helpless and annoyed. I had a pap smear and culture done. They told me to come back for a sonogram and blood work (prolactin, T4 and I'm not sure what else). I'm curious if anyone else ever struggled with a similar problem?? And if yes what, was the final diagnosis? I just can't imagine that this can be normal and that I'm supposed to be on a pill until I'm 50. Please, help!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Girl i can Relate!! I always had painful periods but they were short and heavy. 4 days but 2 were hell. Like i would wake up covered in blood. And i was also irregular sometimes i had a period other times i didnt. It wasnt until i had my baby that my bleeding went crazy! I didnt stop bleeding after her. So i got on the pill then decided to get off due to the fact that my mother had a stroke at 25. Im thankful and couldnt thank God enough that shes with us here today. But anywaus i got.off bleeding started again. Then the dr decides to put me on nexplanon works great and then this August my period went whack. I got a pap done october it came out normal. So she said hormonal imbalances put me on depo shot stopped the bleeding havent bled since Nov. But im so scared when it comes back but i have decided to let my flow try to get back to.normal.. If they tell me bc is the only way im going to say no. I don't want any more kids if they have to do a dc ill get it done im tired of bleeding!rolleyes

• Posted

Ohh my! That's good your mom is doing just fine now and they should definitely take precautions knowing your family history. I'm glad to hear that your bleedings stopped after the shot, I'm really hoping this is what they'll decide to do as well because taking the pill is horrible and I'm just annoyed because they never told me what is wrong and why. I want numbers and explanation, not them guessing like before. But I'm having my CBC, TSH, T4 and prolactin checked upcoming Tuesday so let's see what happens. Still haven't gotten the pap results either...frown 

• Posted

Why did you get on the pill the first place to.control your bleeding or bc? Cuz sometimes its the bc thats not the type for you. For exp my friend spots everyday on the nexplanon means its not the bc for her but she doesnt care. But i do since i hate being on my period to.begin with i would hate spotting everyday
    • Posted

They put me on bc each time to stop the bleeding. It worked but side effects were getting worse and worse, couldn't take them after a few months. Also it's not good for the body to stay on bc for years without a break so I'm just frustrated sad

• Posted

Same issue with me so far my first depo worked. But i dont want to be on bc anymore either have you tjought of having any procedures done how old are you?
    • Posted

That's great, I'll look into it just in case. I'm 25, so the bleeding first time started when I was 19-20 years old. I finally received my pap results and everything seems okay. This month so far I haven't started bleeding yet- shocker because I bet if I didn't go to the doc I would've been bleeding by now again rolleyes Today I had a pelvic and then transvaginal ultrasound done but they have to wait for the radiologist to take a look at it. Also they took my blood for CBC, TSH with reflex to free T4 and prolactin. So let's see... I'm hoping I'll finally get some answers. 

• Posted

Did the drs gave you something to stop the bleeding? Or wym about if you hadnt been to the drs youd be bleeding? Omg that always made me so anxious especially when they zoom in and take pics in one specific spot one lady did that to me wouldn't tell me what it was even when i tried doing small talk with her. Lol! Hopefully keep me updated! Hope its just some hormonal imbalances which i heard is common. Supposedly mine are. But the thing is i always had regular irregular periods and by that i mean like my periods only came.once a month or sometimes in a 45 day period but never twice a week like i was having. But after i gave birth to my baby my bleeding wouldnt stop i was put on bc to stop.the bleedung but i heard sometimes it messes.up.your period more than it fixes because my bc was running out when my periods went whack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.