Regular periods all my life, but nothing for the last six weeks!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it normal to have had regular periods for almost 30 years and then not have one for weeks? It's day 45 today. I'm not pregnant (unless it's an immaculate conception!) I'm 42. Anyone else experienced this? TIA

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

HI! Around your age my cycle started to lengthen and stretched out eventually to 60+ days over a couple of years. Now at 46 it's shrunk back to every 20ish days with barely any bleed. It's totally normal to start seeing changes even if you were totally regular for so long. 

• Posted

Thanks I'm new to all this. I've experienced some unsettling 'changes' in the last few years that I thought might be perimenopause, but have been told time and time again that as long as my periods were regular it couldn't be that.

• Posted

Funny but yes, it's normal, and it's called "going through the change." Expect longer wait times and shorter ones too. Eventually, you're moon cycles will take a backseat, and you'll feel really good you don't have to think about them anymore. 

• Posted

Peri menopause started same way for me. Periods got further & further apart for about 10 months until I would just spot a tiny bit then they stopped completely. Its very normal.

• Posted

Hi Azzumi, thanks for your reply. What other changes did you experience, if you don't mind me asking? You went from regular to nothing in ten months? Was that quite quick?

• Posted

Not sure if that's fast or not for period to stop but I never really had heavy periods and I'd usually only bleed for 1 or 2 days but iv always suffered from terrible pms. I had all the other usually peri symptoms..hot flashes, nausea, exhaustion, migraines etc for about 12 months even when my period stopped the other things continued. For me the worst part of peri by far was the moods swings. They were shocking and i felt like i was losing my mind so I'm taking bio identical hormones now and feeling a lot better. I've had a tiny bit of spotting on the bios but going back to doctor in about 3 weeks to have them adjusted again so hoping that will finally stop. Its a slow process getting all this hormone stuff sorted.

• Posted

Thank you for all that info. Hope you get everything sorted, all the best 🙂

• Posted

That's ok, its so important to share all our experiences and its just one day at a time with peri menopause..that's all we can do.

Good luck to u to..we all need a little bit😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.