Regular throbbing headache usually around one eye

Posted , 3 users are following.

Probably since lockdown happened i have had awful, throbbing headaches usually behind my left eye. I have had them in the past but very infrequently, not often enough to worry. I lost my

job due to coronavirus and have spent a lot more time at home and probably watched a lot more TV and constantly stare at my phone so i am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also, i can be laying or sitting and the pain will ease, when i the stand up i get awful throbbing again around my eye. I seem to be getting them about once a week 😦

When i do have them they are so painful i cant really carry on with regular activities and have to lay down, quite often they wont go away until i go to sleep for the night and it will then be gone in the morning.

Just wondered if anyone has had anything similar?

Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am having Throbbing pressure/Tightening of muscles/Tight band/Pulse beating /Pressing/Compression on Bridge of my Nose on right side and Fore Head above right eye through out the day from past one year. If glasses on nose, it increases. Closing eyes also increases.

MRI/Blood/Eye/Ear test normal. I use CPAP from several years, and healthy active lifestyle. Docs put me on Nortriptyline but no relief and nothing working so far.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Miranda,

I just wondered if these headaches have settled down now?

It sounds like a typical cluster headache and I know as I get them too.

The best treatment that I have found is Sumatriptan, these come in various methods of delivery, you can get tablets, nasal spray, and injections, depending how bad they are. This will take the headache away quite quickly.

I know how much these hurt!

You might have to have an anti-inflammatory or some other preventer.

Let me know how you get on please.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.