REHAB OR METHADONE

Posted , 4 users are following.

I would like to try and find out what addicts think will b better for them REHAB OR METHADONE. Me personally says rehab cause i am sick and tired of having to go to chemists day in and day out just to get your methadone everyday.Go to REHAB come of the opiates and then its up to yourself what you do with your life,rather than getting stuck on methadone for years.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dude, if you can get into a rehab then go for it, I've been on methadone for the past 20 yrs, only went on to get of H,now going through it in a BIG way trying to kick the methadone, which is by far a lot harder to kick.
  • Posted

I say rehab and I am on methadone. It is the worse decision I was ever pressured into. I feel stuck and tied even though I have a decent amount of take homes. What if something catastrophic happens? It would suck not to be happy to wake up and realize you survived a tornado that blew away your clinic.
    • Posted

thnks for your reply i also think rehab after being sucked into methadone i feel as if im a robot if you dont get your fix you cant operate and the withdrawls r worse than H,i know because i have tried to do it and it dont work
  • Posted

Personally, I stipped using and weaned myself off methadone over the course of 5 days. Enough for the gear to leave my system. I then toughed it out.

I've seen too many people misuse methadone, using it to supplement their habit when they can't score. Methadone is a poison in the long-term but used correctly and responsibly it can help you turn your life around.

Buprenorphine (subutex/suboxone) can be a potential third way. The side effects are less severe then the meth.

If you're committed and have the courage to stop using, do whatever works best for you. Rehab, provided it's in-patient care can make a huge difference, you'll have all the support you need to help let go of the past and reclaim your life for good.

If you have the opportunity, go for it.

I wish you all the best my friend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.