Reinistating small dosage onf venlafaxine (25mg) after two months off , severe anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi

i was on 75mg extended release venlafaxine for three years for severe anxiety and it did work but killed my libido, so i gradually tapared myself off. I was fine the first month but then withdrawal kicked in and i reintrodcued one third of my extended release pill ( there were three little beads inside so i took one) but my anxiety was creeping back in so doc suggested i'd take another bead for a week then get to 37.5mg

since introducing the extra bead( 25mg roughly ) my anxiety is out of control, not sleeping, obsessive thoughts, a general sense of fear that somehow is worse in the morning. i never experienced any of this the first time around with venlafaxine. is this temporary? im now scared to go to 37.5mg in case i get even more side effects...

help please

xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I haven't reinstated venalavaxine as I'm pretty new to it but I can say that everything you describe is what I'm feeling since starting it a few days ago. plus some wicked depression mixed in too. I know I'm not much help but just thought I'd reply to let you know your message has been read.

• Edited

thanks lois. I started to get really strong suicidal thoughts staying on the lexapro which was pretty scary and panic attacks that lasted for hours and hours . I tried to hold out as long as I could. but it got a bit too much. I am going to stay on the lowest dose and not increase for as long as truly possible. ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.