Reinstated after 4 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

please be gentle i know im really going on a limb asking strangers advice. i was on mirt 15mg+temazapam 22mg jan18-aug18 switched temazapam to ambien i aug18 (my doctor is a criminal) then began long taper of mirt

made it off by april 19? sleep deteriorated. continued to suffer not putting two and two together. severe stress july 16 (dad double heart attack, living in a bad environment, which im still there and dont think i can financially leave at the moment) started GI issues, sleep dissapeared. doctors throw any drug i want at me i try to stay off. mirt 7.5 reinstated 8 days ago. not helping it seems so far, been off it like 4 months? need rest. not sure what to do anymore. i function about 20% during the day and mood is stable ISH and make it to mt part time job that asks almost nothing of me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello I am well44

You sound like to need something to help you at this terrible time. I am in a similar situation. I have been caring for both parents since 2007, 2 months on 2 months off, Brother alternates with me. Lost dad in 2016 after a terrible 2 years end to his life by dementia. Arrived at my holiday home for respite and ended up at Drs. with severe anxiety, insomnia etc. He prescribed Mirt. which has been great but the awful stories about withdrawal is another anxiety. In 2014 my beloved mother diagnosed with dementia as well. She has deteriorated over the years, however in the summer after managing to see her through an awful 2 years' attack of psoriasis I found a cure which cleared it up and she got back a little of herself. I had practically come off Mirt. after a careful decease but the side effects are quite bad even when you feel you are in a better place. My mum however had a heart attack about 4 weeks' ago and due to a collapse of a plane carrier have been unable to get back to the UK. Panic attacks, insomnia, unable to get out of bed some days, lots of vodka - not good, so I reinstated Mirt. at 15mg. I feel a lot calmer and I will now have to be strong for the rest of the family as my best friend and the most important person in my life leaves my world. I feel I have to take what help I can and Mirt. at the moment is the only helping hand I have. If you are looking after your dad you need your rest, hopefully the Mirt will kick in soon. When you are in a better place perhaps coming off the drug slowly will be achievable. No shame in needing help though. Take care.

• Posted

i have been back on the mirt 7.5 for 9 days. still not getting any relief. at times it feels like my dose wakes me up. dont know what to do

• Posted

also i off it for 4 months but i have been bad like this for almost 3

• Posted

I was like that so increased to 15mg. Slept better last night although heavy legs today but did manage some exercise this morning. I feel until life settles down a bit I need some help. My husband also has a drink problem and can be quite nasty so this helps to stop me retaliating. I think half of my problems is due to his lack of empathy in regards to my caring duties for my mum. I know she will not be around for much longer and that I can get though this period and rebuild my life - with or without the drunk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.