Reiters sufferer for over 22 years now developed chronic Sacroilitiis.ar

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have suffered with Reiters/ReA since 1992 with a definitive diagnosis in 2000. Now I have had about 3 major flare ups a year during that time alongside almost constant UTI's and other infections, and a heart attack in 2007. All of this I have , for the most part ,Bourne with stoic resolve, but now have developed Sacroilitiis and am at my wits end. The pain is almost unbearable and my ability to fight this bloody condition is wearing a little thin. Any and all advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gangaman

I'm 32 female and possibly have a sacroielitis, it my be Reiter. It started this year June with a terrible arms pains, from the elbow down the lower arms then the upper arms (yes first left then both) and finally my shoulders and the whole back... this took for 6-8 weeks, then a short break til August when I fall ill with a flu or throat infection (which is the first possible sign of reiter) then my lower backache has began. I'm off naproxen (stared with ibuprofen which worthless) but it can give you heart problems and I don't want that. I had blood test, D vit and B12 low level, I'm taking the vitamins now, went to osteopath who demands a second blood test (I'll go there tomorrow) to check my HLA B27 level, which could refer to these illnessess. Now mainly my sacroileitis is painful but it also radiates and sometimes my arms get swollen, my hands and the venues puffed up like they gonna pop out. I try to get a referral to the reumatology but it's not easy here in London... So don't give up the hope, lot's of us are feel your pain... I like your name, piece bro smile 

• Posted

Hi marihola82 just wondering why flu or sore throat is a sign of rieters 

? It's usually kicked off by an infection food poisoning/std / hepititis jab been knower to do it too mind saying that some times there's no obvious trigger 

• Posted

Hi what meds you on ... I have rieters and ankylosinspodlitis spelt wrong I'm sure lol and another I can't spell but all lowere spine,been many meds but sulphersalazine is the one that will do most for your back ,most other demards won't help TNF inhibitors will but you got to be dieing to get those as expensive 

for pain killer arthrotec 75mg are the best I've found!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.