RELAPSE?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So on Thursday morning I went to bike to work as usual. Not knowing it was so icy outside and quite dangerous. I went down the hill as usual and the back wheel slipped. I was laying in the road unable to move for a few minutes. However I managed to get back home. The bike took the most of it. All I had was a badly bruised knee. Still stinging today. Anyway yesterday I woke up and I felt like I did when I first caught glandular fever aching all over and really tired and spaced out. Im like oh god no not again. However when I got out of bed I felt marginally better. Im wondering whether taking all those vitamins stopped me from totally going under again. But at the minute my attention is on my knee which is beetroot coloured because of the bruising.   

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh Jelley,

So sorry to hear about your accident, what a terrible time you have had lately. I really hope your knee settles down and doesn't cause you too much problems, try not to panic about it affecting your glandular fever and that coming back again, it can do that going up and down in how you feel but things will settle down to a more normal level with this again, I do believe.

Just take care of yourself just now, look after that knee too and give it a bit of rest, see the doc if giving you bother. Wanted you to know I can feel how tough a time it's been for you and wanted you to know someone was thinking you and still believing fully that you are going to get through this hard time in your life and feel better again, I believe that in Jesus' name.

Take care and thinking of you

Craig

P.S. elevating the knee above heart level and using ice is important in helping the bruising and swelling go down

P.P.S. You ARE going to make a full recovery, despite this setback, I truly honestly genuniely believe that 100% without any doubt whatsover

• Posted

Cheers Craig thank you for your words of wisdom my friend. Brilliant man. When I feel a bit down I go to my older posts and see your responses. I feel better reading them. Probably just a hiccup that accident but when your not A1 it hits you twice as hard.
    • Posted

Goodness Jelley sounds like such a scary incident, it gives you a terrible fright too. Yes really hoping this is just a hiccup too, just one of those hard times in life but you will get through it I still believe!!

Craig

• Posted

Hi jelley,  I feel like I'm always having relapses!!! It's never ending!!! But my recent good spell was for three weeks so it's looking up even though I don't think so sometimes😟 . I hope your knee feels better soon xxx

• Posted

I was wondering whether I could take a couple of ibuprofen for my knee. The only issue is apparently it reacts with my propranolol medication. Is this the case or do you think it would be fine to do so.
  • Posted

You should prob see a doctor for your knee if it's swollen and like Craig said elevate it and Ice. Sorry your dealing with another problem. I felt like mono hit me like a ton of bricks and it was one thing after another for so long 😪😢

It hit me when my baby was a week old so I think it took a horrible toll due to the fact my immune system was probably already down from pregnancy. It's been such a tough year both physically and emotionally but I have hope that it will get better for both of us. ?

Feel better soon

• Posted

Hi backtome,

I still can't contemplate being pregnant and having this virus!? I did think about people being pregnant and having this,when I was really really ill at the beginning . that's just incredible.  How are you doing now?!? How long has it been for you now??? X

• Posted

Well I definitely can't contemplate being pregnant in the first place! wink

Seriously though, it's been such a tough year for everyone on the forum here, thinking of you Back to me, Caroline and Jelley, here's hoping that next year can be a peaceful and settled one without relapses and where we all just feel more like ourselves again. That would be the best Christmas present any of us could have!!

Take care and hang in there

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.