Relapse?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, I’m a month and a bit in and I’ve had a serious mixture of up and down days, some days my sore throat and many other symptoms will be gone and others like today it will be back. I’m not sure if this is a relapse as I’m feeling quite ill, similar to at the start but with additional symptoms such as pain in the armpit and mouth sores. Is this normal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also just tried to eat and couldn’t as I felt like I wanted to vomit 
  • Posted

Hey Paige,

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell. I really do want to reassure you this is normal, especially at the stage you are at just now, anything in the first 2-3 months can feel so intense and horrible and just want to reassure you that things will settle and they will go away completely. Just remember to get plenty of rest for yourself at the moment and keep reminding yourself that this is only temporary and that you will get better. The armpit pain is very normal as that's where a lot of glands are, and mouth sores too as the EBV virus is the same one that causes things like cold sores I think.

Take plenty of rest and drink plenty of water and if you can get extra sleep and relaxation time that's the best thing right now, I know it's frustrating. Really hoping you feel a bit better very soon and remember you ARE going to get better Paige, I truly beileve that God will heal. Remember take a good strong multi-vitamin per day too, that can really help.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig, I’m just really struggling with the constant up and down and new symptoms etc. Not being able to eat much because I feel like I’m going to be sick is really affecting me as I’m too slim as it is!
    • Posted

It's totally understandable to be up and down both physically and mentally with the virus, it's such a trauma to go through Paige. Just remember hang in there and take things slowly, don't expect too much of yourself and you WILL get there, don't panic if perfect recovery doesn't happen right away but it will happen with time! most definitely.

Craig

• Posted

Hey Paige,

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell. I really do want to reassure you this is normal, especially at the stage you are at just now, anything in the first 2-3 months can feel so intense and horrible and just want to reassure you that things will settle and they will go away completely. Just remember to get plenty of rest for yourself at the moment and keep reminding yourself that this is only temporary and that you will get better. The armpit pain is very normal as that's where a lot of glands are, and mouth sores too as the EBV virus is the same one that causes things like cold sores I think.

Take plenty of rest and drink plenty of water and if you can get extra sleep and relaxation time that's the best thing right now, I know it's frustrating. Really hoping you feel a bit better very soon and remember you ARE going to get better Paige, I truly beileve that God will heal.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Paige,

For me a relapse was extreme fatigue and weakness, shortness of breath, and anxiety... among other symptoms like sore throat aches and pains etc. But the first few I mentioned are the ones that  were the worst for me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.