Relapse

Posted , 6 users are following.

So after 2 years of being tablet free, I was prescribed them last week after weeks of anxiety attacks.   However I am struggling this time, side effects are bad,  sweating like mad, drove to the shops and back today and look like I had been to the gym for a work out. I have so little motivation to get up and go and have been signed off work (unlike last time where I was able to continue working).  My appetite has gone completely, to point forcing myself to eat but then feeling awful for it, as this is not a healthy habit either.  Wake up feeling sick, but find taking meds in the morning better than at night as sleep is not easy.  I used to take at night, when last took them.

Also I am feeling concerned as I am now signed off sick that if colleagues see me out that I can not be sick, and all the comments that go with that. Any advice will be welcomed as its already and my manager had to explain to someone.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was in a similar situation to you this time last year. I had been tablet free for a year but suffered a nervous breakdown. I went back on citolapram and suffered all the symptoms you have talked about. It gradually got better but took about 6 weeks for me to feel somewhat normal. I took my tablets at night because I found once they were in my system they knocked me out. As for work and your colleagues it is none of there business why u are off work and for the recovery of anxiety it is essential you get out as it Aides recovery. My boss was very supportive and even encouraged me to go away For the weekend when I discussed it with him. I would just be open and honest with everyone because we all know how hard it is to go out whilst suffering with anxiety. When I went back on citolapram putting the washing away was a mammoth task! Keep going lovely you will see the light again soon xx
    • Posted

Hi there, I'm not sure if you have seen my post? But I have been tablet free for well over 4 months, been so well last 2 years and I tapered off over the course of a year.

But now boom it's back and it's my fault, as I had a heavy weekend of drinking and taking a recreational drug ,( sooo dumb I know) my appetite has gone and I keep getting waves of panic attacks, I'm sooo scared I'm gonna get I'll again I really am.

My dr said it's up to me if I want to go back on them, my counsilor thinks that I don't need to, not yet anyway, she's trying to make me see it's blip from the one off drug use and not to asociaete it with depression coming back.

Now you are back on meds do u feel better?

Was it the exact same start up with all the side effects?

Sorry, I just really need support and help xx

• Posted

Hi Latiffa, I like your counsellors advice, google protracted withdrawal also known as paws., I remember getting delayed withdrawal after initial withdrawal when I came off them the first time.,wish I knew back then what i know now. I am not a doctor but with everything I have read, 4 months med free, especially this one could still affect you at times.
    • Posted

Hi Lattiffa,

Totally relate to your story, I also had a 'heavy weekend' (ahem) back in May and that's why I relapsed.

I wasn't totally off the cit. I was on 2.5, but have ended up going back up to 7.5 again.

Obviously also been kicking myself for that... but hell, we live and learn, don't we.

I have personally found that yes, there are a few side effects from going back up the doses this time. More than I remember from before. But then my age /hormone status is probably also relevant.

And it could be Paws as Paula mentioned, as well as dabbling in drugs causing a blip, especially if it was Mdma whi H messes up serotonin system anyway.

How are you feeling now... any better?

• Posted

I got off of them for several months, then decided to get back on.  I never remember having a hard time with side effects except maybe yawning!  I’ve been back on Celexa for 4 weeks and have anxiety all the time, am unmotivated, and do not want to visit with anyone.  Hoping I feel better soon and you as well.  How much are you taking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.