Relapse after recent recovery!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is there anyone else who appeared to be better, then all of asudden it was back. Xxx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Kinda. I wouldn't say I was 'better', but I was certainly coping with my anxiety. Until about 2 weeks ago when it came back in full force. sad I broke out in a rash which made me panic, (had a meningitis scare when I was younger, so this is a trigger) went to A&E, Dr said its a viral infection. Since then my anxiety has been awful. So worried about everything. The rash has gone now but I'm still unwell. Hate feeling like this. sad

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I'm so sorry you feel bad. It's awful. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It will pass though, so try to keep that thought in mind. Best of luck xx
  • Posted

It's happened to me , I haven't really had an episode for about 5 years , then this weekend I've been a mess worse than I can ever imagine, I think mine is due to stress. Is there anything that may have triggered it off again? X
    • Posted

Not really, I felt really trembly which worried me, so that started me panicking again. I know it will pass though, so I keep that in mind. Yours will go too, as it went before. Thanks for replying. Good luck. Love Caroline xxx
    • Posted

I felt OK just a bit trembly, so I think that may have been the catalyst. It will go though, as will yours. Xxx
  • Posted

Back with a vengeance .. I was good for 4 years and 6 months ago it came back and destroyed every aspect of my personality.. I now feel like a shell of my former self... It has ruined my life and I'm slowly getting back on my feet now after weeks of fighting back! You can beat it again!! If I can do it anyone can! How are u feeling?
    • Posted

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. It's absolutely horrible. It feels so isolating. I'm sure I'll get on my feet soon. I"m a bit naughty I had a few glasses of wine, nice at the time but I don't think it helps in the long run. Feeling calmer niow vthankfully. What do you do to cope when panic strikes? Xxxx
    • Posted

I hate the morning after a few bevvies! Worth it at the time though for a little bit of normality... Em I actually scream in my head every time an attack threatens .. sometimes I have small ones now and then.. I do not agree with just living with it because you can't just let your old self go so this monster becomes part of us.. it will come back but it can be beaten again eventually.. deep relaxation and meditation also can lessen the after effects with the shaking and the heart rate too .. I really hope you can get rid of it again xxx
  • Posted

Its cyclical. It waxes and wanes. So yes of course.
    • Posted

I keep reminding myself that this is just a temporary blip. I seemed to be getting much better, than out of the blue it's here again!! But I think these blips are short lived. Thank God!! Hehe. How are you? Xx
  • Posted

Absolutely..Setbacks are very normal with clinical depression.  You learn from them and each one gets less and less.  Don't get down and out when you get a setback, just know that it is a bump in the road and you will be out of it soon.  That is what I do.  I've had depression my entire life, but it is being treated by a great doctor.  She said I will NEVER be completely well, and will have setbacks, but I'm happy in between, and I know when one is coming and I just brace myself for a few days of misery...Don't give into it...It will go away soon...HUGS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.