Relapse after vaccination…

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I wondered if anyone has relapsed after having vaccinations. I had a post viral syndrome/ME type illness almost 20 years ago and considered myself fully recovered. Since having the double covid vaccine I have become ill again with fatigue/exhaustion and weakness. I have twitching/trembling/weak muscles, blinding headaches, a sore throat that comes and goes, generally worse in the evening I have brain fog, difficulty concentrating and trouble with word finding and lack interest in activities. I'm flat in mood and tearful mainly due to the fact my health has suddenly deteriorated after all these years. I'm struggling to keep up with daily routine and have had to be signed off work. It would be good to hear from anyone with similar issues. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey Sue, your message sounds as though your situation is very similar to my own. i was diagnosed with ME 21 years ago and was ill for many years. the flu jab always made me worse so i avoided vaccinations for several years. j have been i pretty good health for 6 years or so and over the last few months i have felt my symptoms gradually return to the point i am signed off sick from work and not able to ho about my daily life as before. i had covid vaccines in january and april and not sure if theres a link there too!

• Posted

Hi Joanne

Thank you for replying. I'm so sorry to hear you have relapsed recently. You do sound very similar to me. It is very hard after having a long period of good health to then become ill again isn't it. If you were well prior to the vaccines it may well have contributed. When I first became ill in my 30's I had been given a polio booster and then had ill health for a few years ending with a post viral syndrome/ME type illness so I am sure that contributed back then. Like you, I then protected my health by not having any vaccines for almost 20 years. However with covid we didn't really have any choice but to have them did we. I do think stress plays a part in this illness as well. Do you think that is the same for you? Losing my physical health again has also caused my mood to lower which doesn't help with recovery. I hope you managed to get back to better health soon and it doesn't carry on long term. I understand just how you are feeling and how hard it is to cope with. Take care of yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.