Relapse scare

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Just an update on myself- Diagnosed with mono in mid November, seemed to have fully recovered a little bit after Christmas. Lymph nodes on my neck went away, and began to feel like myself again (less fatigue, regaining control of motor skills, etc.) I haven't had any symptoms in two weeks, but lately I've been feeling extremely fatigued and started to feel off again- I am feeling dizzy and zoning off during school, and there is one new swollen lymph node on my neck. I also have a cold right now- I'm very congested and have head pain much like the head pain I had before I first caught mono. What do you think this is? My mother (a pediatrician) said that I was better again. I don't know if I am just overthinking or that it could be possible that my mono has returned.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sophia,

I'm around 5 months in and am about 70 - 80% myself again, however every time I come down with something like a cold, my mono symptoms flare up (dizziness, joint pain, muscle aches, brain fog). I've read about that happening for a number of people here also. Once you're past the cold you might find you gain that ground back.

Hope you feel like yourself soon 😃

Emma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.