Relapsed back on Mitrazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've recently had to go back on this drug for the above reason. 

I remember the first time I was on mitrazapine; it saved me. I felt I had finally been listened to, and it help start me to recover from depression and eating disorders.

This time it's different. I'm not back on them for the eating disorder - a mild relapse with that but I've manage to control it again.

I'm crippled with aniexty. The smallest things are taking all my strength; if I can push through them. 

I don't remember it being like this before. I even cut my dosage the doctor gave me to 15mg rather than 30mg. 

Just wondering has anyone experienced anything similar, or any wise words of 'next steps'.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Is your eating disorder a mental thing or does it feel physical?
    • Posted

it was mental originally. in this scenario it was more a physical reaction to whats happened 
  • Posted

Your description is rather hard to follow.  I think you are saying that the anxiety is the main problem.    I am surprised you were not given an SSRI (eg sertraline) for that.  My impression is that mirt is better for depression. 15mg of mirt is not likely to help you with anxiety.   I suggest you try an SSRI.    
  • Posted

Hi percy

My anxiety heightened around week four, then it passed after a week or so. I'm not sure why this happens but it seems to be the last side effect to go.

I know it's unpleasant when your going through it, but it will pass.

Wishing you better ♥♥

• Posted

15 mg saved me Percy, living with chronic anxiety is no life for anyone, mine was bought on following a terrible bout of insomnia.  We are all different, 15mg may be all you need.  Have you considered a course of CBT or maybe you've already done it?  It's just that whilst on Mirt' you might be wise to strengthen your mindset now for relapse prevention, as the NHS like to call it.  

When did you stop taking Mirt last time?  

I hope you can settle on the 15mg, so many people seem to have a hard time going up to 30, some are ok, but few.  

Wishing you well Percy smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.