Relapsed DAY2

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well after last nights effort of just buying a quarter bottle I found I couldn’t sleep it wasn’t enough unfortunately today I’m half way through a bottle in real time as of now I’m very disappointed with myself I know god will give me more strength tomorrow. The lure of the happy place I just wanna get there as fast as I can today better try harder tomorrow I’m so disappointed 😞 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh no Simon, I'm so sorry that today didn't work out for you. I read some of your post's and I could feel how much you wanted this.

One of the biggest issues with not drinking is not sleeping and it is really tough. Can I ask what sort of a day you have had today?

Also have you put any extra measures in place for tomorrow so that this won't happen again Wednesday?

S x

• Posted

Have you heard of The Sinclair Method?  Check out:

Then once you think it's too good to be true, check the FB group "You're choice, Your recovery"

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) as it was broken. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Suggest getting some Nytol or maybe something stronger to help you sleep, so you don't resort to the drink when the sleep becomes the issue.

• Posted

If you search on YouTube for "Jordan Peterson Alcoholism" you'll find a very useful video.

Peterson sees it as a two-step problem.

1) Take Naltrexone to get rid of the desire for booze

2) Work out what to do with your life now that you aren't drinking all the time.

It's as simple as that. (On paper. A bit harder in practice!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.