Relapsed.... Oh gosh it ain't worth it

Posted , 10 users are following.

34 days AF

Messed it up today

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

You never mess anything up.  You just keep learning. 

You actually made me think not to get too confident because today I have one week sober.  I can usually make it two weeks and then I say what you did that I messed up.  In the past year the longest I've gone was one month.  

I wonder what makes us go that long and pick up again?  I know it's the addict part of the brain talking but it's so insane.  

How have you been trying to stay sober?  I can relate with the mess up but don't give up!

Many Blessings!

• Posted

Keep taking the Campral as directed, all the doses, even today whilst drinking.

Stop drinking tomorrow and it will kick straight back in. If you continure to drink, it will take it longer, probably a week to start working again.

Stop now and you won't have any withdrawal symptoms, continue to drink and you may find it hard to stop without a detox again and it will be harder this time. And you will have to go back to people and tell them you need help again. The easier option is to stop and carry on as you were.

Don't waste time thinking about your drinking today, use your time to work out how you will not drink tomorrow.

• Posted

You made a mistake - it's a shame, but it happened. Forgive yourself and get back on track. You can do it.
  • Posted

Hi Vic...I have to agree with all of the others on here.....do not beat yourself up xxx or give up on yourself lovey..xxx

MY goodness, if I had given up on myself i wouldn't be here now...just do the best that you can..you will make it....have faith in yourself...you are not weak or a failure, you are worth just as much as every other single person....don't forget that, ever......warm, big hugs lovely....xxxx

• Posted

Don't beat yourself up vic. All of us have been there. You learn from your mistakes and it will make you stronger and more determined. Everyone else has given you excellent advice. Tomorrows another day. Stay strong and stay positive. Blessings to you xxxx
  • Posted

Hi vic

sounds simple I know, but the sooner you stop, the easier it will be. Don't let it go into days, cause believe you me, each time you relapse, the withdrawals get worse and harder to get back on track. Crack on with the campral. Good luck

• Posted

Oh Vic.  34 days was a wonderful achievement.  You have had a little break or mistake... fair enough.  Tomorrow, you can carry on as before.  One day is only one day... let it go.

All Good Wishes to you,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

alll good replies Vic..you can do it. best of luck. Robin
  • Posted

Eat an idiot, I am sooo disappointed in myself. I managed to drink 3/4 litre of vodka and now feel absolutely terrible. Shaking, anxiety vomiting. Not good.

Thanks for the messages.

I am definitely not going to carry on.

• Posted

* I am.

Not eat! Can't even type this morning

• Posted

If you're an idiot then so are the rest of us - we've all done it! Get through today as best you can, sleep, rehydrate, eat if possible. But don't punish yourself any more.

• Posted

You may get through it cold turkey, it really depends on the individual. You may need to drink mildly today to just taper off a bit, but if you do that, you must use utter self control.
    • Posted

I'm going cold turkey. Trying to sleep it off.

Husband is furious with me. Cant say I blame him.

He's going to go and get me a kebab and some coke soon, ultimate hangover food.

• Posted

Well stop posting here and go back to sleep. Just remember, when your husband is having a go at you and you feel like crap, don't bite back, because it is out of concern for you. If you have a row, the call of alcohol will become stronger.

Do not stop taking the Campral, stick the tablets in your kebab if you have to.

• Posted

Well done on staying strong. Really proud you've stopped today as the longer the binge, the longer the withdrawals last and I'm talking from bitter experience. Non prescription antihistamines help with feeling sick and help you sleep, if your hub could get you some. Ask Vickylou or google it as can't meantion names on this site.

Blessings for a speedy recovery ?? Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.