Relapsing ....

Posted , 5 users are following.

im going into month 11 and after a day that i probably did too much ( although i didnt do that much ) i have relapsed badly and feel like im back at my worst days.

just wondered if anybody else has relapsed before and what to expect .

i was very slowly doing better but took me 4 months to get to that point . really disappointed and just plain fed up of all this .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are relapsing. 😦 Hopefully it won't last that long. Is this your first one? Since I finally got out of bed and started "living" again I have had four relapses. Most only lasted a few days. One lasted two weeks. It was never as bad as the initial illness tho. I am not as far as you are but I am 9+ months in. I had two in the last month but only because I had two colds. One pretty severe. My immune system isn't back to where it used to be. A friend of mine had a pretty bad one about that far in but her doctor gave her acyclovir and she started taking that and it helped. I have a script but haven't taken any yet since my relapses aren't that bad. Hope you get to feeling better fast......and that this is only momentary. hugs

• Posted

yes my first one since october and yes its just as bad as the beginning of all this .

please GOD i get back to where i was ..nothing great but i could do errands do a pretty long walk .

• Posted

i have noticed when I relapse it feels just as awful as the initial incident but it goes away within a week or so. Rest and take care of yourself. Stay away from sick people! But in my experience, what is happening to you is normal. hopefully it ends fast

• Posted

thank you bianca ...trying to stay positive but after months of lying down ...so ready for this to be over . i hope you're right ..i can handle a week. hopefully things turn around ..suffering so badly today.

• Posted

Well.....I too am relapsing. I have been for a couple of days. It just wasn't in your face until yesterday. I knew I was having a mild one after I recovered from a cold but thought I was on the mend. I also think I did too much around the house so I am having a Fibromyalgia flare to boot. Go team LOL I can tell by my sleep patterns when I am in a relapse. Last night I woke at 4 having a panic attack which only happens during relapses. And my appetite hasn't been good. Oh....the aches and pains and digestive stuff. It is never as bad as the worst of this tho. And I know I will get past this....I always do. Stay positive......and hopeful. The relapses are never as bad and never last as long. For me, I am going to take it mostly easy today and relax. When this was at its worst I promised myself that I would learn lessons from this.....that I would practice better self care. I need to practice what I preach. Time for some self love 😃

• Posted

P.S. I also had to cry it out. I think hormones effect you and cause relapses. They do my friend. I felt so much better after the hot flash and the cry LOL I have cried more these past 9 months than I have in my entire life. It has been several months since a melt down. Sometimes we just have to give ourselves a moment to embrace the sadness....but then move on.

• Posted

Hey Lori,

My experience of relapsing was that it frightened me so much and similar to you there were a few times even during recovery and after a more settled period that I just felt awful again and almost like things were back to the beginning - but please be assured that even though it feels that way, it is not back to the beginning and in no way can you go back to that stage - your body is already a LONG way down the road of getting this virus in check at 11 months, and that progress can't be undone, even though you're not feeling great just now, things will settle and balance will be restored again.

The other thing I found Lori was that it could feel so intense the relapses but generally they would pass much much quicker as time went on, so it might only be a week or two that I would feel bad for and then would feel much more settled again. And as time goes on these relapses became less often and less long-standing and less intense.

There is still real hope Lori - it is understandable to be discouraged and down when feeling this way - but you have come a long way and just take a bit of time just now to allow your body to settle down, trust that it will because it will - really it will!

Hoping for a more settled day today and remember - you ARE getting through this and all this is just part of the up and down recovery process - it won't always be this way and things will improve again. Keeping you in my prayers.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.