Relationship advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello, ive been in a relationship for almost 4 years, my partner is the most amazing guy i have ever met. he treats me like a princess, he is so respectful towards our relationship, and the most kind hearted person i have ever met. just recently, about a month or so ago i started a new job and started college all within the same month, while balancing a relationship, which that never seemed like that would be a problem for me but then again i dont know. i absolutely hate the job i just got, and i dread going there and school has been a bit tough. just recently out of no where, ive felt a sudden feeling of that i dont want to be with him anymore, im not in love, and ive lost feelings. ive felt so depressed and so upset just the thought of even thinking of that because i dont want those feelings to be real. he is everything i could ever ask for, and it would kill me for us to break apart. i saw him the other day and everything was normal, laughing together, happy as can be, then when i think of those negative thoughts it beings my whole mood down, right back into that slump. right when i saw him i hugged him and cried my eyes out because i did not want to lose him, and he was not even phased by it. he thinks im overwhelmed, stressed, and i guess depressed. i just want to know some peoples opinion on what they think. Does it seem like i am stressed and depressed, or does it seem like i am actually losing feelings?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hi Megan, what happened? you need to discover what caused your mood to tumble - something has triggered it! i have PTSD, depression and anxiety and have physical health difficulties too. when my physical health is bad my mental health quickly tumbles especially if i can't leave the house! you need to either speak to your doctor, a counsellor or mental health service. ours here is called lifelinks - they're a mental health service without drugs/medication, they happily teach you coping strategies and work with lots of people with problem health. you sound like you need some support.... look after you, your boyfriend/partner too, by getting support, if you feel happier then if he's very kind and a decent man, he will be very glad your happy, that's all. good luck, be selfish. put you first...

• Posted

hello! thank you so much for reaching out... and thank you for the suggestions! i just wanted to know if it sounds like it could be my anxiety, or if i am actually losing feelings. i love him so much and like i said, it kills me even the thought of breaking up. i just dont know if this happened because im so stressed and overwhelmed, because it came out of absolutely nowhere! it wasnt a gradual feeling... and i feel like because im thinking so negatively about almost everything im putting those negative thoughts in my head that i want to leave, and that i am losing feelings, but i reality im not and im just dwelling on that, you know?

• Edited

hi Megan, i think it you have support then you will work out if still love him or if you have got worse because of all your anxiety and stress. i wish you luck, you need it!

• Posted

Repel the negativity its looking to destroy your love life, depression does this. You may need to address the triggers to your depression.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.