Relationship Anxiety. ..... Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.I have read so many posts and not read any about anxiety bring triggered from relationships ! When i am not anxious I am 100 percent happy with my life but when anxiety comes I doubt my close relationships mainly with my partner and children who are two teenage girls.I worry so much the slightest argument over say what's for tea stresses me beyond belief and I think if we were right for each other we wouldn't argue. When anxiety goes I don't think anything and even forget what triggered the anxiety but a small tiny thing can set it off ! My teenagers argueing with each other sets it off anything really that indicates my close not happy and it could all fall apart.If I am anxious which is a lot of the time just my partner ringing me sets me anxious asi am scared of getting more anxiety over what he may tell me.I get anxious of what people think and How things may look and try to mask everything so people can't see any flaws in my family life. I will get anxious if my fighters snap at each other infront of people or if my partner doesn't agree with something.I am always looking for reassurance I am doing right thing as thou I don't trust my own decisions because of anxiety. I live feeling scared of I don't know what and looking for signs of things not being okay. My partner is good and constantly tells me but their is nothing wrong we are just a normal family.He tries so hard but I know I frustrate him as I wake with a list of worries I then tell him.Wonder how he copes with me at times. Sorry know I am going on !! Can anyone relate to this I would really appreciate your replies and share experiences. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes,  I have suffered those same thoughts and feelings myself.  I feel when we have anxiety we are hypervigilante and hypersensative.  Our nerves are on edge, to loud sounds, irritating sounds, etc.  Basically we are what they call "on the edge" or "edgy"  You may want to seek counseling to get a proper diagnosis from a counselor.  I don't like saying someone has something because I am not qualified to make that decision. 
    • Posted

Thank you. ! Just helps knowing you have had same thoughts and feelings. I thought i was abnormal with those triggers. A lot of posts are related to health anxiety which I don't have but I think anxiety symtoms are the same no matter what the trigger ! It grinds you down !I have had counselling which has helped it just scares me that's it's my family that usually not always thou triggers it and that make me sad X. Thanks so much for replying.
    • Posted

you are certainly not alone.  Maybe when you feel overwhelmed ask your husband to deal with your teenage girls, possibly? This will take some stress off of you.  Especially till you feel better.
    • Posted

Thinks with the girls it makes me anxious as their father and I divorced when they were babies. I have a partner of ten years but he works away so even when he is here it's hard for him to discipline them especially when their dad poisons the girls against us telling them we do everything wrong yet my daughters have lived a charmed childhood. Think rhis is a lot of the problem he has dragged me to bottom telling the girls how awful my parenting is.Nobody in my family gives him a minutes motice as they know I have always put my children first. I always wanted to stay on good terms with him for their sake but it last that. He makes fun to them about me having anxiety attacks and tells them to ignore me as I do it for attention !! It hurts me deeply what he says and does but little I can do about it xx. Thanks you for taking time to message me.How are you doing ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.