Relationship is on the rocks again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

9 months ago, I posted a thread on how I can reconcile with my husband. It's due to some small fights we can't seem to handle that time. I know we're over it and we already learned things on how we can deal with our different opinions. However, things began to repeat itself lately. My husband won't listen to my suggestions and he thinks that everything I say is always against him. I'm not trying to rule over him. I just wanted him to listen and somehow consider my feelings before creating a decision. I feel so depressed. I worry that if I insist on what I think is right, he might actually get mad at me. I really want to save this marriage. Please help me. What can I do?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, I can not quite equate with such unhappiness as my wedding anniversary of 10 years comes up on Thursday but i can say this. Why stay with someone you don't even like any more? Any woman shouldn't deal with this. You put you first, look after yourself and if necessary go see your doctor with your husband and let him hear how sad you are. Your marriage is dragging you down from what I read. Do this soon and you may feel better.

• Posted

Hey there Janet.

Good job looking for ways to reconcile!!

I've recently divorced...very painful and a rebuilding process follows. All I can share is what I learned. I realize now that if both parties try to follow God's way...then neither will set the expectations, therefor neither is to blame.

It would've helped my situation.

The answers you guys will find there will be all encompassing.

Please try it.

• Posted

Why don't you tell him that you both need each other and love each other, then why should we fight. We should talk about it in a manner, and then both will try to get over this fight.

I know that live your life with these fights is not normal. We need a lot of patience, and even sometimes we can't control our anger. We said so many bad things or abuse each other at that time, but after some time we realize that we did it wrong and we feel a need and love and care and attention or I can say everything we need from our partner.

• Posted

Hi janet - has your husband had any treatment for depression? Do you think he might be depressed which is why he is so negative?
  • Posted

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty sure that my partner loves me. However, sometimes he has this personality that he doesn't want to listen to anybody. He thinks that his decisions are better than anybody else. I went o read some <a href=“http://www.regain.us”>relationship stories and advice </a> from different websites and there are so many reasons to consider. I'm a bit confused as to where this marriage should go. But then again, I would really want to fix this marriage. I don't want to lose him. 

• Posted

I know this sounds flippant Janet and may sound horrible even to say, but would your partner consider marriage guidance? My marriage nearly melted when my husband and I were denied IVF 3 and a half years back. I nearly lost my marriage and ended my life in fact. (That's a different story). My husband and I both separately saw a counsellor as we felt we needed to. My husband doesn't see anyone now but I sadly have needed to, it's horribly hard, very sad and something where i'm in too deep and know it can get better. I keep getting I'll through it though. I wish you the best of luck, you're passionate about him, but don't lose you in the middle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.