relationship ruined

Posted , 6 users are following.

My boyfriend has said he will break up with me if the constant anxiety and panic attacks don't stop. I'm so worried I can't bear the thought of it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not to offend you or your boyfriend, but i think he doesn't deserve you. No one knows the feeling of what we, with anxiety are going through until they experience it so i think it's a bit too harsh of him to say that to you. You already have gone through so much and you don't deserve to be treated that way. Love yourself first. One of the ways to cope with anxiety is having someone you love beside you to comfort you AND understand you unconditionally.. You don't need to push yourself to get rid of your anxiety at once cause it doesn't happen in the blink of an eye. It is a very long process. Do you think you can cope with your anxiety and panic if one of the triggers of stress leading to more anxiety is your boyfriend saying he'll leave you if your anxiety doesn't go away? Just a thought for you to ponder on. Best of luck Tara! If you need someone to talk to, i'm here.
  • Posted

I'm truly sorry to say this but you will be better off without him then! All he is doing is adding extra anxiety which will make you worse! If he truly loves you he will be there for you no matter what.
  • Posted

Do you see a doctor about the anxiety. Tell him anxiety is not that easy to always control.He needs to support you and have patience if he loves you.No one chooses to have anxiety.Hope you feel better.I understand.I have anxiety and my husband needs to be told at times how Im feeling.Unless someone has it..well they often just dont understanl.
  • Posted

Oh Tara your worth so much more. As the others stated no one knows what its like to go through this and to threaten to leave you just adds to the problem. That's not love that's selfishness. You need kindness and love and support not that. Take care of yourself first, you'll find the right person who really cares. Stay strong
  • Posted

Am glad I found this because just about half an hr ago I told my girlfriend if I can't cope I will shut her off only becuse I love her to much to stay around and pick up after me he will be confused and upset with what going on even the sometimes you may speak to him and he seems ok he will probably still be thinking things I get scared that what happens if I can't control it the things I worrie happen and I hurt her or worse even tho I wouldn't drem of it it upsets her when I have panic attacks what make me feel bad so when you feel like this you can feel like it may be better to sit in a room on your own so there is nothing to see then there is no feel but just stay in there tell him your there even if this means everyday just remember that it's not just him thinking this is mind is puzzled.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.