Relationship Worries

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im with a great guy and love him to bits but I suffer terribly with anxiety, panic attacks and depression and went through a bad patch last year and loads of my medications were changed etc.

We havent been really intimate much anymore just the odd time and this plays on my mind constanly.. is there something wrong with our relationship etc etc?? Hes the best in the world and I do love him and find him attactive looking etc so dont no what is wrong with me.

If it keeps going like this, hes going to get fed up of me and my worried mind

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

There could be nothing wrong. Anxiety also gets in the way of my relationships as well. You shouldn't blame yourself.

Does he understand what you're going through?

• Posted

Yes hes very understanding, couldnt be more so but its going on nearly a year now and im starting to resent myself for the way I am and our relationship for the way things are.
    • Posted

Why are you starting to resent yourself?
    • Posted

Well Im not able to furfill my partners needs, he deserves to be in a relationship where he is receiving the attention he needs, physically and mentally
    • Posted

how long have you guys been together?
  • Posted

I'm in the same sitar auction I feel bad but I'm sure if you have a proper talk with him if he loves you he'll understand and support you fully!

J X

• Posted

Yeah I'm just worried will I ever come right or will I be like this forever
  • Posted

When somebody truely loves you they won't desert you. It's not your fault and he knows that.I am just the same and have been thirty years.My partner knows I love him and that's all he needs to know.Or os hard at times but he hates me to feel guilty more than anything I love minoartner and wouldn't swap Him but at times I get so worked up i feel like throw ok the towel in for his sake not mine. I wouldn't but it is hard to deal with. Keep talking he may get fed up at times but reassure him he is loved and wanted xx. Pm any time
  • Posted

Update ** For a considerable amount of time now, I have no interest in sex like none at all.

It came back a little bit last xmas for a while but it is firmly gone again.

I suffer with Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Depression and am on and off alot of medications etc. Currently I am nearly a month off lyrica after been on it 2 years so obviously side effects on antidepressents and these type of drugs can cause loss of libido.

Anyway, my boyfriend is very supportive and understand what I am going through but its really bothering me like will my interest ever come back again??

Is there anything I can take to help get it back?

Why is it going on so long?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.