Relationships

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anxiety or depression ever convinced you that you're falling out of love in your relationship??? Please help I can't stop thinking about it

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've not personally had this myself but I know when my boyfriend had his depression her ended it with me because he thought he was unhappy but it was his depression. Have you gotten help from a doctor if not I would totally recommend it

• Posted

Hi she just put me on some new medication. That is seriously helpful. ?? I thought I was having doubts about my relationship but I honestly think it's just my depression.

• Posted

Definitely an issue with anxiety I am exactly the same..I suffer severe anxiety and panic disorder and I feel I'm losing interest even tho I no it's not me we laugh a lot he does everything for me but I do snap at him for no apparent reason..or if I think he's in the wrong I'll snap at him and tell him I don't love him but he understands as we have a close friend that's spoken to him and told him about how people feel when they have it also he understands about my whole life and all the trauma I bin thru and all he says is he's there for me no matter what..and he will never stop loving me..which makes me feel guilty coz I no snapping at him really ain't me it's my anxiety and not being able to have a sexual relationship which anxiety causes as well makes it even more sucker then it really is..all in our head Hun your not alone X big hugs

• Posted

Yeah I would say it is too I suffer from anxiety and there are times when I have worries and doubts about my relationship but it's all in my head. I know I don't know you but I'd like to give you some advice that my boyfriend gave to me when your having doubts about your relationship try thinking off two positive things about your relationship two things that made you happy with him and that always makes me feel better because by thinking about them thing you are remember what you love about them

• Posted

Makes me feel alot better!! I read an article about it just a minute ago too! I was having a terrible time but I had to tell my boyfriend about it and luckily he understands. smile 

xx 

• Posted

that is really good advice! i am definitely going to try that smile redirecting thoughts usually helps me. I just had no idea anxiety could be making me feel this way! anxiety always tricks me!! sad 

• Posted

Yeah it does it's horrible because it makes you think something that isn't actually there I started to think that my boyfriend was having it off with my best friend that's when I knew I needed help

• Posted

Definitely right that's the best thing is to have a word with your partner he shud definitely understand he will never no what your going through but I'm sure he will definitely understand..and all he can do is be there for you to aupport you thru such a hard time

I'm only 27 I'm married with 5 children my husband didn't get my sufferings till one night I had a major panic attack I said to him I didn't wanna live anymore I wanted to go and that's when it hit him my hands were all badly clawed up I was major panicking couldn't calm down it had to take 2 people to calm me down I end up being in hospital over it and ever since that day I had that attack and was in hospital talking to a psychiatric that's when it hit him now he's there for me all the time..he hardly leaves my side accept when he's shopping or taking kids school XX

• Posted

I honestly thought this was just me. Mine is a bit of a depression feeling, almost like on major anxiety days I'm almost positive my fiance is suddenly calling out of love with me or finding someone else so I'll randomly start distancing myself. Anxiety has caused such a drastic strain in our relationship for the past year that I honestly didn't think we would make it. (had no anxiety at all before last december). Now that he's understanding that I'm not being over dramatic anymore and realizes it is a real mental issue, he is much more comforting which makes these feelings happen less frequently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.