Relationships with anxiety!

Posted , 7 users are following.

So after my moan the other day about potential new relationships I thought wouldn't it be easier if there was an anxiety dating app 😂

For some people that don't have severe anxiety issues then dating is easier. But for others it can seem impossible to go out and meet a potential partner. It's having to tell them in the first place about your anxiety and letting them know that you might literally pass out if you meet them.

That's the most frustrating thing constantly having tell people who you like your life story so they can understand your situation and why you might not want to do certain things.

I have had it loads of times where people would say your a good looking enough guy, how come you are single to which I usually just tell them I'm not looking for a relationship. Which technically isn't true but I don't think I want to go through the whole stress of getting to know someone, telling them about your situation etc etc and it not working out. But if people already knew about your situation through a dating app then that might help out the situation and put people suffering with anxiety at ease.

Just a thought! Ha

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

phil

If you feel it is a good idea, research into it, You will find the research may do you good and help your Anxiety

• Posted

What about a support group for anxiety? Then you meet someone you dont have to worry at all. 
  • Posted

Let's be realistic.... A dating app for people with anxiety is probably going to be quite a niche market! 😂 I just thought I'd put the idea out there to see what people think about the troubles of dating with an anxiety disorder

• Posted

Well I am married but if I wasn't I would totally use that app!!!! So I say go for it this is how most great inventions come about! You have come up with something unique!!

• Posted

Yeah sounds like a great idea that Phil I think when your in a relationship with Someone who hasn't got anxiety it's hard to explain and get them to understand how you actually feel but if you was with someone with the same condition you would understand each other a lot more and can advice one another so sounds like a great plan 😊

• Posted

I think it is a good idea. It is a dating app and like an online support group just by knowing it existed.
  • Posted

There is a company that makes apps for free so who knows 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.