Relationships with HS

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi love this site it really helps having the support you out there all give x 

just wondering if anyone with HS is in a Relationship and how you manage it I'd love to meet someone but I have bad HS in my groin area and don't think I could cope with rejection over something like this 

your comments welcomed please xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been married for 21 years. And my husband has been with me threw. The pain and I have them all over. He loves me the same as when we first met
  • Posted

Hi Anne, 

I don’t think you should be in fear of being rejected. I have had the same worry before. I started dating this guy back in early 2016 and I was totally upfront (In total honesty, I was scared and nervous but.. I figured if the man I am pursuing can’t handle it then.. he’s not worth it). I told him what had happened and what HS is. I told him that I have some pretty dark scars and spots that sometimes open and are painful, sore and they ooze. He told me that I’m totally honesty that he didn’t care, God made me how I am and that he would love me through it. 

Trust me, I was in total fear to tell him. I wasn’t at all happy for anyone to see them but me.. because they are some pretty dark scars. It’s scary but I promise, the right man will love you through it all. Don’t be afraid to be yourself. It’s totally worth it! 

• Posted

Hi Anne!

Dating with HS is possible.  I managed it for months before I told my  boyfriend. I told him about them because I was tired of walking around in pain, and I knew I loved him and him me. I was scared, nervous and afraid.  I said, "Babe I've got to tell you something about myself.I really don't want you to google anything about it without me, because the pictures online are a lot worse than my case. I have a skin condition called HS. HS causes me to have boils/cyst around my groin and buttocks. It is not contagious or communicable.I do have scarring from past flare ups. I explained that it had nothing to do with my personal hygiene and that there was no cure".  I educated him on it the best I could and told him how I manage it.  I felt it was necessary to let him feel the scarring and some lumps I had down there.  A little bit later I let him see what everything looked like. He still finds me sexy and tells me often that I'm the cleanest woman he's ever been with. **Telling him this will make him ask what can he do to help you. Be honest when he asks that. (Keeping wound care supplies at his house, bringing you things once you're seated and you're having a bad flareup, etc) As you can tell my boyfriend took it well and loves me all the same. He thinks I'm a stronger woman because of it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.