Relaxation advice

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hiya,

I'm new to this forum. Has anyone got any advice for relaxation techniques/ways to relax, that work and help anxiety?

Many thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Slow deep breaths through ur nose out ur mouth and color something or if u believe in god psalms are good to read
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your message Elena. I have tried deep breathing exercises, and it does help, so I will try and do them more. Yes I am religious, I'm a Christadelphian and do believe in God. My faith is such a comfort and so important to me and I love the Psalms. They are so encouraging. 😉 Thanks for your advice. Hope you are doing OK. Take care.
    • Posted

Im trying ty just painful in my chest ughhh prayers for u though keep ur head up
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you are struggling with pains in your chest. Hope you feel better soon. Is there anything that helps to soothe the pain - like a heated wheat bag? I have a nice relaxing music cd called Reiki river which is lovely. You can buy it online if you fancy listening to it. Thanks for your message, trying to keep my head up. 😉 Thanks and take care.
  • Posted

They have some relaxation exercices on the side of this page.they are very similar to what worked for me.I used relaxation breathing and grounding.They worked so good I beat panic attaks that I quit university because of.Now I give sessions in rehab.I was terrified to speak in public now I direct these techniques.If you do them when you are relaxed especially in bed at night you will get conditiond and can call on it in stressful situations.If anxiety causes the brain to overreact with adrenaline and such this will counter and have the emotional brain receive message that you are in safe place.You will get better at it as you practice.I cannot express enough what these types of exercises have done for me.
    • Posted

Thanks Anthony for your advice. 😉 I have done some breathing exercises and do find them helpful and relaxing, and so will focus more on doing and practicing them. Well done for beating panic attacks, that's such an achievement. It's good that you are helping others with the techniques that have helped you. All the best and hope uni is going well for you. Take care
  • Posted

Mindfullness techniques and healing meditations
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa for your advice. 😉 Hope you are doing ok. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.