Relief at last

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone! So I just wanted to post this info about myself in case someone with a medical or science background can make sense of it. I have had OLP and LP for about 8 years. My mouth was very painful for this time period. About a month ago I contracted a virus. I had a fever for about one week followed by a double ear infection and a sinus infection which I had to use an antibiotic (augmentin) for 1 wk. During the fever period my mouth was on fire and very sore which calmed down some while taking antibiotic. However after finishing prescription my mouth is completely smooth. No sores, no peeling lips, no white peeling inside my mouth at all! To me this is a miracle because I have tried everything to calm my mouth down! I know everyone will say it was the antibiotic but I have been on so many (to many). I personally think that the virus I had burnt out the existing virus but IDK. I wish I could tell others what actually happened but not sure just over joyed!!!

Keep your hopes up!!!

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did you get a biopsy done of that virus? It would be great to know, to see if there is any other correlation. This is also a great place to ask... There are a bunch of people here, there are also two large facebook pages with lots of folks who are active and posting and supportive.

• Posted

I wish I could have had a biopsy done however my doc is not trying to figure out the why he says it was the augmentin that did it. I don't think so because I was given that drug before and my OLP did not go away. Wish my doctors were more interested in digging into finding out more but I am so thankful it is gone for now. I honestly wake up every morning and the first thing I do is run my tongue all around my mouth to feel how smooth my mouth is now. I'm just so grateful for relief!!!

• Posted

Understood. I agree, if more doctors documented stuff like this, we would have a much larger knowledge base, and maybe get closer to a cure...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.