Relief of PHN pain with laser therapy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was doing some research online and came across a procedure for pain relief. It's called Cold Laser therapy or Low Level Laser therapy. I was wondering if anyone with PHN has tried any kind of laser therapy. I can't find any blogs where people with PHN have tried this.

The theory behind the laser treatment is that you use red or infrared laser light at certain wavelengths to penetrate the skin to reach the damaged tissue. The light heals the tissue and thus you get pain relief.

It sounds too good and easy to be true. If anyone out there with PHN has tried laser therapy can you please let me know the outcome?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Google Realief therapy. I went through 15 treatments and found no improvement, it might work for you.
  • Posted

I had 20 treatments of cold/low level laser without any relief. The technician worked with the equipment developer to try different frequencies, but nothing worked. Save your money.

While on this site, let me comment on Ted's Pain Cream. I've been using it for 3 months 2-3 times a day. I get some early numbing from it, but the relief does not last for long. It's better than nothing, but not a long-lasting relief.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the cold laser therapy is a bust for PHN pain. I guess that's why it's not covered by insurance. Not just big pharma interfering.

• Posted

I tried it and it dies Not work. Don’t waste yr money.

i was covered because my chiropractor physical therapist knew how to do it.

• Posted

Thanks Lisa for your input. I guess if it worked everyone would be talking about it. So far the best remedy for PHN pain that I have seen is a good distraction. I know having a good time with friends and family definitely helps. It would be interesting to know what distractions other sufferers use.
  • Posted

I am not supposed to say it but medical Mary is good.
  • Posted

HI

I had been searching all over for pain relief from excruciating PHN and came across cold laser therapy! I just had my second treatment today and feel a big difference already! i am praying it will continue to heal me as the pain has seriously been unbearable

i hope this helps you

• Posted

Hi Debbie, thanks for your input. It is good to hear that someone has found some relief from this terrible ailment. Could you possibly let me know what the final outcome of your laser treatments? I would like to know if you end up getting permanent or temporary relief from PHN pain. I'm hoping it's permanent.

• Posted

HI

can you let us know how many times you get the laser.?

i tried it about 8 to 10 times and it did zilch.

the funny part is that i thought it was working but i think that was the power of suggestion.

i hope it really works for you. permabently let us know

• Posted

HI

can you let us know how many times you get the laser.?

i tried it about 8 to 10 times and it did zilch.

the funny part is that i thought it was working but i think that was the power of suggestion.

i hope it really works for you. permabently let us know

• Posted

Hi Lisa, I have never had the laser therapy treatment. I was trying to find out if anyone has had any success with the laser therapy. 3 or 4 people have stated it was not successful. However a recent note from Debbie76413 stated she has had some relief with 2 treatments.

If her treatments end up being successful I hope she will keep us updated and give us the details of the laser therapy. There are different factors to consider in laser therapy. Type of laser, wavelength, and frequency. Also , other factors are how bad were the shingles, when they received antivirals, and how long they have had PHN.

If the laser therapy doesn't pan out hopefully the drug trials in Europe for EMA 401 are successful. However, the drug trials won't be completed until August or September of 2019. Hope you find some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.