Relieving the pain - inguinal hernia

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had an inguinal hernia for two weeks and the pain can be quite intense sometimes. Has anyone found any of the trusses, supports, etc. do any good to prevent or relieve the pain? Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m sorry are you female or are male ? I had inguinal surgery three years ago . I am a female . Please be careful about having surgery . I blindly went into it without researching it and would much rather have the pain then what I’m going thru now . I wish I had advise to relieve your pain but stupidly trusted a surgeon who I believe was practicing on me . So try everything you can make or female to relieve pain . Good luck 👍 

• Posted

I'm male, 63. I'm waiting for my first consultation, at which they will decide whether to operate or not.

• Posted

Ask a lot of questions . If you do need surgery have everything explained to you before and after . Hope you get some relief . Get well soon 
  • Posted

So last week I bought a truss. I shopped online and got an Oppo 2149. Despite not getting any clear replies from other sufferers about whether this sort of device would alleviate the pain of my condition, it has helped enormously. I can only say if you have an inguinal hernia in the lower groin area and you are waiting for surgery or it's not available, get one of these. I can walk, run, stand for most of the day without pain. When I take it off in the evening, even the bulge has disappeared! (Although it comes back agin overnight of course.) The only thing I would suggest is leaving it off in the morning until you've emptied your bowels. That way you avoid any complications with backing up/constipation, etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.