Relsssed again

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone,

Im no srtranger to this forum. I have relapsed again for te=he first time in 3 months.

I have been drinking every day just to avoid the withdrawls, I take hot baths, eat very little,

drink beer, I have just stuck to beer and wine. For 9 days now. Its so pathetic i know.

But im afraid if i go cold turkey i will die.

I tried that yesterday and had a huge fever and shakes. I want txo be healthy again but right now

I cant. Any help or advice would appreciate it so much. X

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Its not pathetic. Its just a hiccup. Tomorrow the sun is going to rise. A new start. Clean start. I'm where you're at as I write. You're not alone. I swear tomorrow is the day I quit, get clean and clear. My issue is beer..really its alcohol because beer is the same as all the other poisons out there. I tell myself "tomorrow is the day." But by 10 am I'm plotting my drinking. The waste of money, the missed time. Never get it back. We both know this. Afraid to feel guilty about how much of both we've wasted. But that's the addiction talking. Suppresses reason and that little voice in our heads that means to tell is the truth about things. All it takes is one day. Not projecting. I'm sure if I stay sober just one day I will feel a little more clear. Clear enough to at least merge on that road of freedom. We're at that proverbial fork in the road. One way is pain, loss, cloudy..ultimately death. The other way is Life. With all the pain and struggle it may seem to bring, its better than the former. Life. I believe along with the negative it can seem to bring its mostly filled with joy. Love. And happiness is a choice. Take off the alcohol goggles and see the world with open eyes and a clear mind. Tomorrow is my day. My special sunrise. Its just for me tomorrows sunrise is. I pray for the strength. Its in me, the strength. All I have to do is accept it. Its in you too. Try a day. Pick which sunrise you want and watch it rise. Choose which road you want to be on. Its a simple choice. Life or death. Up to you. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.