relux causing back pain...

Posted , 4 users are following.

thanks for all the replies, i will try the warm compress see if that helps, i am thinking its stress related as well, because the last time i had this is was when my wife was pregnant for the first time, all through the 9 months i had heartburn, but at the front not back, i had all the tests back then, manometry, barium, endoscope, but nothing conclusive. As soon as the baby came along it went. Now recently my mother, who is 85 had a big op last OCT thats when pain started again, she recovered ok, but this didnt go away. The lansoprazol doesnt seem to work, ive been taking it for nearly 3 weeks now, might have to try herbal remedies as well, i willing to give anything a go.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin,

I had severe back pain and muscular spasms in my upper chest, throat and even face...so i would wake up every morning with more wrinkles...it was getting better when i would take an antispasmatic medication such as ibuprofen, but with reflux we can't take it too often...PLus it was just a pain relief and nothing more...the pain would come back the day after. The same was with sedatives as they too are antispasmatic. I would sometimes take lorazepam as an emergency to sleep and it would make the back pain less but the day after the pain was still there.

So I've switched to homeopathic treatment and the spasms are gone totally after having taken them for couple of days...(I have been on that treatmnt for a month now, and no pain anymore even though reflux is still there and they say it will take around three months with a strict homeopathic diet to get improvements). I believe that it is personal what kind of homeopathic medication they give you so it might nt work the same way for you as it does for me, but i am taking ignazia amara once per week 2 cups...my homeopath told me that my reflux was a result of diaphragm bloackage and this medication is for that. yours might be cased by something else, so better to consult someone who practices homeopathy. there is hope for all us biggrin) good luck!

• Posted

I am having this problem since my baby was 4 months old, i did a scan, endoscopy and had different types of medications.. the pain starts from under by breast all the way round my upper back.. the endoscopy result say that the diaphram was open and the food wasnt going where it was suppose to go.. then the scan showed that they saw small stones about 2cm.. So basically they themselves are confused as to what is the problem i am Schedule a next scan on the 24 of this month..

I feel it now twice or three times a week and the pain continually straight for 4 to 5 hours straight non stop.. all these gas tablets dont help me . I just have to bear the pain until it subsidies and trust me not even Labour pain wasnt so painful as what i am feeling now..

• Posted

Hi Simone sounds like gall bladder issue my friend had it, its more prevalent in women apparently thanks for your reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply kevin

The doctors seems to think Its gas related and diagnose me with Hiatus Hernia

The medication i have been receiving are

Lansoprazole, Omeprazole,Ranitidine

So now i am really confused..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.