Remecade

Posted , 4 users are following.

Finished my last infusion loding. Any opinions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Hickory...I am not really familiar with this medication but have read that it can lower blood cells which fight infections which in my opinion would be detrimental for your immune system.It depends on what you are being treated for. There is a serious side effect...it can increase your risk of cancer. Many more side effects are listed on the internet. Just type in Remecade and take a look. I don't think I would use it.

• Posted

Hi Gloria. I just finished the loading phase. Thanks for the info. I need to do more research.
    • Posted

Hello I've been on an injection called embreal anti tnf it really helps me but as Gloria said there are a lot of side effects it also gives me cramps in the night as well as the lower emuene problem but I'm so used to it now that with out it I'm house bound ive been on it now for 8 years any questions I'll be happy to help thanks Paul

• Posted

Thanks for responding to my question. I have done some research on Remecade and others and went with the Drs. suggestion and used Remecade. Talking to A.S. users the results seem to be mixed. I just finished the loading phase and usually feel worse after a sesion. If nothing comes of this, at least there is Embrel. I appreciate your response and wish you nothing but a pain free life.

Thanks, Pete

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.