Remedies

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there does anyone have any non-medicinal sort of home remedies to help with anxiety induced heart palpitations? I'm already on beta blockers but was looking to see if there was any other tips people could share thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Magnesium!  Take the recommended full dose twice a day,  it has worked miracles for me.  I use Calm - magnesium in a powder form that you can buy in a flavoured version, pretty pleasant to take.  I hope it works for you!
  • Posted

Ranger,  Magnisium  !!!  Not the oxcid. Malate or Citrtate~ Becareful, too much can mess with your bowels ( more trips to bathroom) Take the recommeded dose, but start low. My heart dr told me to take it.!! It really helps. We are all low in this mineral. Also Calcium but not too much either. Almonds are a great source of Mag!

Also , If you feel them , exercise... helps. Even just get up and walk around. Deep breathing will help too. But try not to concentrate on them too much, just makes them worse! I know, hard to do, they stop me in my tracks and I get at least one everyday as I age! 65 and holding. I am a very anxious person too so I can relate! Hope this helps!! It is just a heart hiccup. Take care!!!

• Posted

Thanks for the tips I have started magnesium does it take long to get into your system? Yeah I get them quite a lot these days and I'm just turned 25 lol I got them because of a physical injury I sustained (chest injury =anxiety lol ) hope they go away soon

• Posted

Yes, it takes a while.  I would say several weeks to be really helpful!  Of course, that might be something to do with the fact that you start off on a low dose, then work up to the full one.  I have been on the Calm product for about 18 months now and, touch wood, no longer experience heart arrhythmias.
    • Posted

Well here's hoping Pam lol I take propanolol just now and although they do help. I do have days where I feel them a lot even when I have took my max dose for the day and was. Needing something a little extra that would

Not interfere with my meds so I will give this a try thanks for the help and all the best

• Posted

All the best to you, too, Ranger! Let us know how it goes and good luck!
  • Posted

I have had cardiac arrhythmia for 40 years and have taken various beta blockers butI still get them frequently every day . My cardiologist said they are benign but if you are prone to them you will probably always get them 
  • Posted

Thank you Ranger for the great advice. I would like to add to it . Belly breathing is very important. As well as the "square" breathing. Taking a breath in for 5 counts and exhaling for 7 counts. Or what what ever count makes you comfortable, just as long as the exhale is longer than the inhale. I forgot about tapping. I have not done that in a long while Will have to refresh my memory for the technique. Probiotics seem to help the stomach problems, that lead to heart Palps. God bless hope your heart settles down. You are right, the Ers just send you away with a pat on the head with pvc and pac problems. Maybe somebody should start a Palpitations Drive for research!( they do it for everything else) Happy Labor day, to all!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.