Remeron and Mirtazapine withdrawal help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi so I have been on 30mg of Mirt for about 3 years. I want to get off of this crap like now! I have gained so much weight I look like I am pregnant but I am so so nervous about the withdrawal. I have gone through benzos withdrawal and wonder if this is similar. I'm starting my first 15mg taper tonight. Any advise or insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance I'm new here

-Taylor

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi your withdrawal might not be to bad everyone is different I came of them with no withdrawals but I know some people do take your 15mg and see how you feel I can understand your fears as coming of benzodiazepines are terrible I know just seen how you feel on 15mg first xxxxx
  • Posted

Hi me again if you do find it to hard I'd get your 30mg and chip bits of every few nights. My son did this with an antidepressant he was on he was able to come off with no horrible withdrawals I know it takes longer hope it goes well for you xxxxx

• Posted

Dropping 15 mg is way to fast. Reccomended taper is 5-10% every 2-4 weeks
    • Posted

I just suggested it if you read my other post you'd understand that I realise that for some people it is that is why I suggested chipping the tablet just like my son

• Posted

Carol I make my own liquid so I can get exact amounts. It's easily done cutting and shaving bits off pills is never accurate enough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.