Remeron Interdose Withdrawal???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone believe they experienced Remeron interdose withdrawals?

I believe I have.... as I'm experiencing the intensity of some of my withdrawal symptoms, some of them remind me of how I sometimes felt in the late afternoon or evening.... Made me wonder if this was interdose withdrawals. I read a post somewhere where a guy would have random anxiety about the same time in the afternoon. So he split his dose to morning and evening and the anxiety lessened. I think he spit it up even more and the anxiety was gone.

I had only been taking 7.5mg and wonder if it just wasn't enough to build it up in my system enough to make it stable? I also take glutathione (body's own master antioxidant) which I wonder if that caused the liver to metabolize Remeron faster than normal?

Things that make me go hmmmmm.

I guess the whole interdose theory doesn't matter much now that I'm completely off Remeron but it does possibly help explain some of the craziness that I went through while on Remeron.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

hey there, I'm currently experiencing w/d right now. i was on 7.5 mg for three months and for the last almost four weeks have been tapering and im at 3.5mg now. It was going pretty well until the last two nights. I have not slept at all in two nights and have horrible anxiety. I plan on stopping tonight all together, bc what is the point if it is not working. my question to you is when did you start sleeping again after you stopped and for how many hours were you able to sleep? I so appreciate anyone on this forum to help. thanks

• Posted

Hi,

My doctor said going from 7.5mg to 3.75mg isn't as difficult as going from 3.75mg to the next drop or off all together. Not that she is an expert in Remeron but you might consider tapering slower and longer to avoid possible more intense withdrawal symptoms. I did ok going from 7.5mg to 3.75mg but I then went from 3.75mg to off completely that's when all heck broke loose.

I have only had a couple of bad nights sleep here and there and some good nights sleep. But I know others have had bad insomnia. I take low dose melatonin, magnesium, pharmagaba, sometimes benadryl or generic unisom which seems to help me sleep.

Soccer

• Posted

well the way I understand/see it, interdose withdrawal is where you start to get withdrawal symptoms inbetween doses as if the medication effect starts to wear off before your next dose... it's just a theory in my case as to what I felt was going on with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.