Remeron-will I feel less foggy over time?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi-on 7.5 mg for sleep. It’s knky been two nights but I’m waking up so foggy and tired after getting a fair amount of sleep. Does the foggy feeling fade over time? Thanks! 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was on 15mgs, when I dropped to 7.5 foggyness cleared. I've been on 7.5 for 2 weeks now. I feel fine In comparison to being on 15.

• Posted

I was put on it for anxiety, 15mgs was helping with anxiety & sleep but I am gaining so much weight, I cut the tablet in half 2 weeks ago, intend to stay on 7.5 as Dr said "it takes a year for nerves to heal" still fat 😣 but better than severe anxiety.

• Posted

My fear is gaining weight too!! Does 7.5 help w anxiety? 
    • Posted

How long did it take for anxiety to feel better, a year ,I am on 7.5mg 10 weeks, wake up sweating rotten and treamberling, also on 5mg of escitalopram,
    • Posted

Every morning I wake in a panic, usually ok rest of the day, it was so bad this morning I'm considering going back to 15mgs, will see 😑

• Posted

I was in hospital in October, I have been told many times from various Drs & nurses that it's a "very slow process & nerves take a year to heal." 😑

Ecilitipram made me shake, stopped that.

Might be worth asking them to stop ecilitipram & up mirt to 15mgs?

• Posted

Yes-I wake up nervous too. Not fun. I’m soooo outta it. I think I’ll try 15 mg tonight. My doc told me the lower the dose the less therapeutic it is and more sedating. 
    • Posted

No, but I have noticed I'm warmer now, I used to always be putting heaters up lol don't do that now 👍

• Posted

Hi, I felt better with 15 to start as mine was for sleeping, I think the lower dose is more sedating as when I increased to 30mg I was ok.
    • Posted

So you are on it for sleep only? I’m dying on 7.5 mg. How long have you been on it? 
    • Posted

Can I ask what you mean by "dying on 7.5" ? 👍

• Posted

Maybe that’s dramatic😂😬I’m just sooooo tired and foggy. Like can’t get it together. Foggy etc. I feel a little better today. I actually had trouble falling asleep last night after taking 7.5. I fell asleep hard after that though but woke up early. Sigh.

I’m only on it for sleep so I’m not sure it’s worth it. 

• Posted

I was given Phenergan in hospital to help with sleep. I bought it over the counter when I got home.👍

• Posted

I know what you mean, after 2 weeks on 7.5 I'm more tired & fuzzy headed during the day than I was on 15mgs.

• Posted

Yes!! I tried 15 last night-still super fuzzy. Wow, not sure I can do it. Are you going to stay at 7.5?
    • Posted

I've not heard of benadryl, but when I was in hospital they gave me a blue tablet at bedtime, I found out it's called Phenergan. Its sold for " insomnia, etc it is given to people before an operation to calm them & help them sleep.

• Posted

It’s over the counter? How ru feeling? 
    • Posted

Compared to October in hospital, I'm much better thanks.

My husband bought Phenergan in boots, Google it for yourself. I woke to early this morning, took Phenergan, it calms the nerves in stomach & has a sedative affect.

• Posted

My plan was to stay on 7.5 for a while, but it made me so tired during the day, I couldn't get on with my life. So I've went back to 15mgs .👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.