Remeron withdrawal 15mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 17 and have been on 15mg of remeron for I think 2 years I was given it as a sleep aid because ever since I was little I have had trouble sleeping. Well this summer I set out to try and get off of medicine. I'm having extreme trouble sleeping, I normally stay up somewhat playing games with friends but I normally would get off around 11 and go to bed. It's 3:45 am right now and I'm wide awake. How long will this insomnia last. My mother was given this at one time and for the same reason she had all the other side effects commonly seen for withdrawal from this except trouble sleeping. I only have insomnia and I'm almost 3 weeks in without taking it. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for the giant blob of unorganized text but it's now like 4 in the god dang morning.     |:,(
  • Posted

Hello mooty, I would suggest as a gamer to set your alarm at the same time every morning.  I used to wake up around 11-12ish every day sometimes 1pm.  But now I set my alarm to 10:30 and 10:35.  What this does is forces me to be tired in the night by 11pm ish - after doing this for 2 months now I actually automatically wake up before my alarm even goes off and I feel so much better.  Also check eBay type in sleep pillow and choose one.  I plug my phone into it and go to youtube type deep sleep and pick something you like, takes some time some of it is awful but some is really relaxing and stops me from getting bored.  I sometimes look forward to going to sleep just to listen to the pillow, sad I know but it works for me.

Hope any of this helps!

• Posted

i used to be able to wake up before my alarm went off during school.

its now morning and i didnt get any sleep i try to go lay in bed and watch 1 show then turn off the lights and sit for a while but im just not sleepy. i have turned off games early i have done everything i can it sucks. im just trying to get over this insomnia before school starts back up again

• Posted

Do not watch shows before bed, do not look at a TV or any screen that stimulates the eyes -  Instead try reading a good book you enjoy. 
    • Posted

Hi, could you tell me more about this pillow? I can't find it. Thanks

• Posted

Hey Mooty, Try to stick to a routine. This is the key really. Gaming causes too much brain stimulation. So if you can... Try to come off pc an hour before bed. A shower before helps me too. 2nickjay has some good advice too 😉 Good luck!
    • Posted

Also a proud gamer know exactly what its like and you are spot on about the brain stimulation! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.