Remicade

Posted , 7 users are following.

What is the longest anyone out there has been on remicade? I just started. Also did the insurance company give you any trouble for long term use

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ted,  

I may be woring, but you are talking abiout insurance, so I'm wondering if you are you outside of the UK.  I havent taken remicade, but maybe others have, so hopefully someone will be able to help.  xx

• Posted

I did it for over six months. Theat means I had the first 2 infusions, two weeks apart, and the same thing six months later. For me, it didn't do anything.  The next medication I tried was Orencia. It tood almost 6 motnths to work, but it was very helpful . I had to stop it due to too many infections (upper repiratort), but just restarted as it's years later, I now have Sjogrin's, and I don't work or teahc little kids so much, so hopefully it will be better for me. Also, now I don;t have to go to the hospital, I inject at home every week, so we can potentally control the dosing better, if we have to.

Good luck. My doctor's other patent that started the sane day I did-- felt so good that he forgot his next appoi tment!!

• Posted

I've been on it for about 2 years and very happy with it.   I go for an infusion every 2 months.  It works for me.  Insurance only pays a bit of it, Remacade pays the rest.

• Posted

I'm in the US. A friend of mine was doing monthly remicade infusions and his insurance covered it (great insurance!). And it really helped at first. His GP eventually had him stop the infusions (in consultation with his rheumatologist) because he had reached the point that the remicade was causing more harm than good. 

Best wishes to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.