Remind me relapse during recovery is okay!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been nearly anxiety free for a month or so, then the past two days have been experiencing some derealization. I am now so so terrified that I will go back to being as and as I was before. Please tell me that it's normal to experience some blips during recovery. I can't bear the thought of going back to square 1sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen, tell me are you still taking any medication, and if so what, how much and how often?
    • Posted

I'm on citalopram and it's really helped. Don't know why I'm blipping. They recommended I go up to 40 mg from 30, but I was hesitant because I don't want to go through the side effects again. But I suppose I should. Would we suppose that meds work as well as they can, but if we still have anxiety triggers in our lives, they can't be perfect?
    • Posted

If I were you I would definitely increase the dose as recommended and don't have a second thought about it.

Yes there can be some very brief side-effects but enduring that for a while must be better than going back to that horrible place you were once at.

Anyone at all can suffer from anxiety that can be triggered by anything at all, and that is why these medications and the doses that we are prescribed are so important in our lives.

I think you have already made your mind up to take the increased dose, so my advice to you would be to just do that and stick with it.

Please let me know how you go on.

Rod x

• Posted

Thanks for the advice!!! You're right; I never want to get back where I was . Thanks!
  • Posted

Hi jen, i relapse from time to time its to be expected but when i do i just remind myself that ive been here before and i can handle it its nothing new and it will pass again, dont be afraid of it just go with it, anxiety is like an annoying uncle he pops in now and then but i know he wont stay long then il be back to normal, i somtimes get a sense of uporia in anticipation of the good feelings to come when it does pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.