Remission?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone in the group gone into remission and stayed that way? I'm deciding whether to have surgery (I can't have RAI as I have thyroid eye disease). I've had Graves disease flare up three times now. Each time seems to be worse and I had few symptoms when first diagnosed. If I go into remission again will I almost certainly get it again?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I was diagnosed with Hyper in 2005, had carbimazole 10 then 5mg  had one years treatment now ten years on with no treatment.  I was told I could go hypo, each year my tests come back normal I breathe a sigh of relief.   To get through that year  I started to jog and swim dont know if  helped or just my stress levels altered.  
  • Posted

I was DX as Graves 4 years ago then the doctor refused to see me again or give me the results????? I don't know if I have had symptoms or not. I do have Diabetis and polyneuropathy. Some doctors are real zeroes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.