Remission

Posted , 6 users are following.

i missed a few doses of LYRICA and found no increase in pain Decided to slowly wean myself of med Down to one 100mg i evening I seem fine Remission? Don't want to be on med if I don't need it

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoey

You call it Lyrica, are you in the USA?

I would be very careful with the self weaning, this is a powerful drug I am on it though it is called Pregabalin in UK, I have had strict instructions that you need to get weaned of this very gradually, under GP instructions.

Naturally, you don;t want to be on meds unless you have too, but I'd advice getting a withdrawal programme from a GP over time if you want to stop this drug.

• Posted

Fifth week of weaning I understand the difficulty of weaning depends on how long you took medication I was taking 3 tab 100 mg daily for 1 yearGoing to GP this week Down to 1 tab daily

Side effects of weaning Nausea

I gained 20 pounds on this drug and can't sleep! Also, feel drugged, dont think clearly, no energy, just not myself

• Posted

Lyrica (Pregabablin) is notoriously hard to wean off so well done for managing to take less. It is effective against pain but a study showed it works by affecting your brain synapses - and eventually destroys them, which really isn't good.

Doctors are aware that it's difficult to wean off Lyrica but they don't seem to realise how difficult it can truly be or that it can take literally years. There is something called the titration method which you should be able to find in a search. There is also a huge support group called Lyrica Survivors on a well known site.

• Posted

thanks for information i hope this weaning works for me Cant sleep, gained 20 pounds in one year I dont think clearly, just not myself

• Posted

I gained 14 lbs in 6 weeks. I refused to take any more. Was swapped to Duloxetine. Had no problems - I guess because I had only been on it for 6 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.