Removal of 3 joints of middle toes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had surgery to remove the joints in the middle 3 toes to relieve pressure point underneath. I am on list for op in the next few months but really need to find out how my feet will be afterwards. I have been told I might still have to wear an insole afterwards. It will be under general anaesthetic which is quite scarey. When I went to consultation there were loads of questions I forgot to ask.

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

**Hi Julia,

If you have a list of questions call your surgeons office. They will get him/ her to call you with your concerns.

I had to have a big toe fusion, take the first 3 joints out because of horrible pain. While I don't have **what you have its similar.

You will want to be put under ! When my surgeons nurse told me I asked her if it was needed and she said "OH yes!" I remember the look on her face.. she proceeded to say that I didn't want to hear or feel anything during that or after. And she was right!

I was in a shoe/ covered completely on the foot. could weight bare on the heel only. Not horrible. Did have to take some meds of course for a few weeks.

My issue is now... While I'm supposed to walk normally I do not. Its still painful on the bottom of the toe for some reason. When I spoke to my doc about the pain he didn't seem concerned.

I wish you luck! And again, ask the office or his assistant to have him call you with your concerns.

• Posted

Hi Rose

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry to hear you are still in pain I hope it goes away soon.

I am hoping I will be able to walk a bit on my heels as it will be difficult with both feet out of action. Did you have both feet dine at once?

I will try ringing the surgeons secretary to see if i can ask a few questions.

• Posted

Oh ! No, not both my feet. Just one! Not sure if I endure both. Glad you are going to call your docs office. You should be fine on your heels but again, I'm not sure.

best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.