Removal of my gall bladder

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, i had my gall bladder removed last tuesday and am recovering well. I have my gall stones sitting in a pot on the side loads of little ones and one huge one the size of a big grape !!!! no wonder i was in such agony!! i am wondering if anyone else feels the same as me afterwards.... i keep on getting like a cramping feeleng at the top of my stomach which comes in waves and sometimes when its there i really feel that i could get an upset tummy although i don't..... very strange, i hope this feeling goes away soon !!! i am having the staples out on friday which i am looking forward to.The worst bit for me was the uncomfortable feeling from the gas they put in to your tummy all i can say is its VERY painful but soon goes off.

Thanks for reading, christina xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i to had mine out this week i have posted a mess .the gas was painfull in the shoulders but i cant bend or move much yet can u or are u still laid uncomfortable.i get a feeling of a rolling sensation around the place where the gall bladder was taken out almost like a grinding feeling cant really explain much better than that jus feels odd sometimes .i have a staple right inside my belly button have u the same and do u know if they hurt when being taken out.
  • Posted

Hi I'll let you know about the staples tomorrow night as they are coming out tomorrw !! i am not looking forward to it. i have got 5 staples in my belly button and my tummy seems quite swolllen around that area.2 of the other cuts have 2 staples and the other one i think 3 or maybe 4. as for lying at night the gas feeling is still there if i try to lay on my left side.... i long for a good nights sleep again. bye, christina
  • Posted

Hi its me again..... i had my staples out this morning and it does not hurt at all. its a very quick pinching sensation thats all.noew i'm not sure if i can drive yet or not. any ideas ? firstly told 2 weeks now 4 weeks then depending on how you feel ????? who know !!!!
  • Posted

Hi Christie

Just wondered how you are now some weeks after your op - I am due to go in for surgery next thursday and feel very nervous after reading how so many people still have pain afterwards also problems with running to the loo complete opposite of comstipation. Would appreciate your views. thanks kitty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.