Removal of ovaries and remaining tube

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am due to go in to have my ovaries and 1 remaining tube removed. I would love to hear from anyone that has had this procedure done and can tell me what to expect after surgery. Does this procedure bring on full blown menopause? what is recovery time? how did you feel after? I'm 52.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi I had my ovaries and womb removed nearly 3 years ago,the opp its self is not to bad but the menopause does come on right away,get your self some menopace and some evening primrose and you will be fine.good luck x

• Posted

I already take menopace and evening primrose wasnt sure I should carry on taking them after but thank you for your reply I will still take them x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.